Little India Band - Oola (Adam P Liquid Mix)

Purv

Hey guys, first post here. Looking forward to getting involved with this community.

This is a remix I did recently for an Indaba remix contest. Going for that hospitality sound. I'm not 100% happy with it, but I think it turned out OK.

I'm really looking for feedback on it as this is the first track I've made that I'm decently happy with. Not gonna change anything cause it's already been submitted, but any comments are always a huge help :)

Cheers guys. If you like it and want to vote, you can do so here: https://www.indabamusic.com/opportu...ea-e467-11e3-8fa1-22000a23954b?board=comments

Is this your first song on soundcloud and have you been producing longer?
Or is it your first song ever made?

If this is your first ever, damn.. nice work...
If first on soundcloud, damn.. nice work...

the vocals in the intro could've been a bit louder,
and I don't know why, but the bass got a bit lost in the second drop, it was fine in the first one
nice drumfills too! Did you make them? Or are they samples? Because I always want to make fills, but they just don't work out...
Also nice work on the vocals, on the second drop in particular

Is this your first song on soundcloud and have you been producing longer?
Or is it your first song ever made?

If this is your first ever, damn.. nice work...
If first on soundcloud, damn.. nice work...

the vocals in the intro could've been a bit louder,
and I don't know why, but the bass got a bit lost in the second drop, it was fine in the first one
nice drumfills too! Did you make them? Or are they samples? Because I always want to make fills, but they just don't work out...
Also nice work on the vocals, on the second drop in particular

Thanks a lot man! I've been producing for a few years now, but I haven't really started taking it seriously and going hard until this past year...

I have another couple WiP soundclouds if you're interested. soundcloud.com/adam-purvis soundcloud.com/ajp19-1

But this is really the first time I've finished an arrangement that I'm decently happy with, that i wanted to attempt to master, etc etc. The first track I've put a lot of work into, I guess, because I thought it had some potential, you know?

Yeah, i made the drum fills. The one shots that make up the fill are samples, though - didn't make those in a drum machine or record them myself. I'm not sure what DAW you use - I use FL - but I find the trick with fills often times is to vary the velocities of the hits. In FL, this is really easy to do as there is a velocity control right underneath the piano roll. Usually, I just play around with those until it sounds human-like. I played drums for a long time too, so usually I try to keep the fills in my songs close to something I would play so it doesn't sound forced, if that makes any sense?

Cheers man, and thanks for the feedback!

Aah, I thought (hoped more actually) that you were producing for a while..

There is some good stuff between those wips! Liked the liquid stuff one there

And I use FL studio too, so I understand what you mean, it makes all sense! I do try to use those, but I just don't have a clue how to begin.. I guess being a drummer is an advantage :p Reso is a drummer too, and his drums are topnotch too. But hey well, I'll start messing around! Thanks for the advice!

Man, that very cool and beautiful tune!!! It listen like "Subsonic liquid funk" :)
interesting idea and good sounding!

PS: I use FL studio too))

Back
Top Bottom