LISTEN TO THIS!!!

nice track mate good blend of synths..id say 2 things:

1) ur kicks n snares arent very clear in the mix, need tightening a lil, or layer another kick n snare, eq n compress.

2) i think u need 2 have a bridge section where it drops again...like the section after 4:40, which then drops similar to 5:28

add a few more variations between loops n i think u got yourself a pretty good track mate! (IMO of course :P)

Cheers man, thanks for the comments; I was thinking exactly the same thing about the mix of the drums gone back and just made them louder in the mix.

Nice bit of liquid there man, really good mix and vocal; whose the singer?
The only thing I think that is missing is maybe some airy white noise sweeps over the two break down sections to just ad another layer of atmosphere over the top, but that might just be me.

Yeah this track needed another mix deffo, that stabby synth is way too loud! Get it balanced and add some more variation like said and it'd be a cool track :)

Nice bit of liquid there man, really good mix and vocal; whose the singer?
The only thing I think that is missing is maybe some airy white noise sweeps over the two break down sections to just ad another layer of atmosphere over the top, but that might just be me.

Thanks man..deffo my best dnb to date. Singer is marvin Gaye, a b side track done years ago. Yeh I guess a lil sweep would thicken the breakdown..I'll see what I can do :)

Yer man, the way vocal fits with the instrumental I would not have guess that it was sampled, especially from Marvin Gaye!!
Got the drums in that track sitting a lot better now. Gunna probably mix it over the next couple of days but want to get the next one right so going to take a bit more time and care this time :)

No worries buddy, wasn't to sure where to post it so just put it on both, just registered here and a bit new to using forums in general. Thanks for kind words working on another mix and put a different little part to break things up a bit more atm.

X

Really nice melody there mate – the mix is quite far off though to be honest – the kick and snare need a lot more presence – or the main synth needs bringing down plus there doesn’t seem to be much bass or sub, 100hz and under needs a lot of work as does the upper bass around 200 + to provide more umph and impact. If you AB it with other tracks you’ll get what I mean about the loss in impact and presence, a good way to see it visually is through a spectral analyser.

Plus as mentioned above, the structure needs looking at, the ending doesn’t really work, that should be building to the second drop in my mind not ending the track!

Overall good effort though can’t fault it musically very epic and catchy it deserves more work….which I’m sure will be worth it.

Chears for the advice, man really good to hear a bit more in-depth advice still working on it, my computers RAM needs an upgrade I'm thinking though, the amount of CPU running all those synths is taking up is killer. Thanks for the support buddy :)

Oh man reminds me of muffler and the like, I love this type of synthy 'space invader' stuff.

My suggestion would be to make the bass drum a bit more apparent, and atm it sounds like it's...a bit misplaced. Also some of the synths might be a bit loud although it wasn't too much of an issue for me.

Chears for the advice, man really good to hear a bit more in-depth advice still working on it, my computers RAM needs an upgrade I'm thinking though, the amount of CPU running all those synths is taking up is killer. Thanks for the support buddy :)

bounce down to audio and away you go - more CPU instantly!! or use the freeze function if your in cubase, again freeing up CPU! just think what primitive stuff the prodigy used for experience and jilted they didn't have much ram!!! and they got the fat sound!! its all about knowing what you've got and using it to the best of its and your ability!

Yer man, could you give me some pointers oh how to bounce to audio in ableton surely I want to bounce to WAVS don't I?, is it a better idea to bounce out completely un-eq'd, compressed and effected audio out then add the effects, compression and eq when it's audio?

sorry mate no idea I'm a cubase user - as far as bouncing down with effects thats fine as long as your happy thats the final version of that sound or you'll just be layering effects and that gets muddy very quickly!!

Back
Top Bottom