Listen to my mix.....it will make you like Afek One. Live 100% MP3 set!

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by beknoxx, Mar 3, 2014.

1. beknoxx

beknoxx 7/11 7/11

HA HA jus kiddin Afek....dont hate me! Anyways was debating on rather to put this up or not but decided f it some people might enjoy it. All in all it's pretty good....screwed the Artifacts mix up and didn't feel like doin it again. I had fun with it tho..... something different.

http://soundcloud.com/beknoxx/cupatea

1. Zero T feat. Steo - Walk Away ( Kiril RMX) Free
    2. Cursa - CRNR
    3. Overlook - Clouds
    >>Black Moon - How Many MC's
    4. Hydro,War and Mateba - Entropy
    >> Das Efx - They Want Efx
    5. Transparent - Place Your Order
    >> OC - Times Up
    6. Xtrah and Break - Always New feat. DRS
    7. Mutated Forms - Wastegash ( Upbeats RMX )
    8. Sam Binga - AYO feat Redders
    9. Dom and Roland - Unofficial Jah
    10. Homemade Weapons - After Dark feat. Collinjah ( J.Kenzo RMX )
    11. Moresounds - Blood
    12. Fracture - Sick Wid It feat. Dawn Day Night
    >> Lorde - Royals
    13. Spectrasoul - Slippin
    14. Dexta and Mauoq - Werewolf ( Homemade Weapons RMX )
    >> Capleton and Method Man - Wings Of The Morning
    15. J.Robinson - Lion Music feat. Sun Of Selah
    16. Mikal - Killa Soundbwoy
    17. Interline - Decay
    >> Mad Lion - Double Trouble
    18. J.Robinson and Knowledge - Untitled
    19. Sam Binga - Lef Dem feat. Redders
    20. Transparent - Double Up - Feat D Los
    21. Quadrant, Iris, Calculon and Homemade Weapons - Covalent
    22. Kush T - Waiting
    >> Big L - MVP
    23. Bredren - The Truth
    >> Artifacts - Wrongside Of Da Traks
    24. Mikal - Strictly Rockers
    25. Ruffhouse - Next Phase
    >> Channel Live - Mad Izm feat. KRS-One
    26. Foreign Concept and DRS - Falling Stars

2. Afek_One

Afek_One Well-Known Member

LOL. I'm on this. My kind of dnb and I'm really curious to hear how you've used the hip hop. It's something I want to start doing. I wish there was a list of 85 bpm hip hop.

beknoxx likes this.
  3. beknoxx

beknoxx 7/11 7/11

i know what u mean about the 85 BPM hip hop. I had to slow the Das Efx and Channel Live traks down a lot but thought they still sounded ok at that speed so i left them. the rest of the speeds were pretty good and i just do it by trial and error but im a huge hip hop fan so i have tons of old school hip hop and can just grab a book of cd's and see what happens. It would be worse if i had to buy them and then try them out.
    Don't judge me on the DNB mixes too much tho mang......i had to cheese some of them to set up for other stuff.
    Like i said it was for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and i haven't had a chance to check yours but i will tomorrow or the next day....thanks for the listen.

4. EuroTide

EuroTide Well-Known Member

Interesting !!! will check this out

beknoxx likes this.
  5. beknoxx

beknoxx 7/11 7/11

Thanks Euro. I know places that could have been better for the most part but would like to hear some other peoples thoughts.....if u get a chance. If not no big deal...like i said it was just for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess all of my mixes are for fun tho ha ha....don't know why i keep sayin that.

6. Afek_One

That Entropy > They Want EFX mix works so damn well. Sick as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't realize Entropy gets so deep on the second drop. I played it a couple times but never let it run out. Solid tune.

- - - Updated - - -

Never heard this Transparent tune. Really like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Like the contrast between Unofficial Jah and Ayo. I might have pulled out at the drop of Jah, but whatever. Still a really good mix.

Playing the J Kenzo remix of After Dark. Class. It's better than the og.

- - - Updated - - -

After Dark > Blood. Good eq'ing on that. It's tough to get a lot of the footwork tunes to not clip from the kicks being so deep.

- - - Updated - - -

Sick wit It > Royals. That's too much dude. I'm stealing that one. Haha. Loved it.

- - - Updated - - -

There's some really good phrasing in the mix. The snare rolls rolling into Slippin were nice.

- - - Updated - - -

This dub section is nice. Why do so many people sleep on J Robinson? Dude makes some great tunes.

- - - Updated - - -

Killa Soundboy comes in pretty hot. That's whole EP is mixed down really loud. It's hard to get the levels right.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never heard this Interline tune either. There are definitely some tunes I'm going to pick up after listening to this mix.

beknoxx likes this.
  7. The Watcha

The Watcha Well-Known Member

beknoxx and Afek_One like this.
  8. Afek_One

Nice. Key matches too. That's a real useful tool.

- - - Updated - - -

The Truth and Strictly Rockers is a great blend. I like how that Stand up bass cuts through. I didn't think the Artifakts tease was that bad. It didn't really distract me.

9. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

will definitely be giving this mix a check mate, some interesting choices in the tracklist, looking forward to listening to Sam Binga - AYO feat Redders >Dom and Roland - Unofficial Jah as I find it hard to mix with both of those tunes haha (u got the 10 inch pink vinyl of AYO?), will leave feedback as always man

beknoxx likes this.
  10. beknoxx

beknoxx 7/11 7/11

HA HA HA.... Afek you are the first person to say something about that Entropy/Royals mix. Of course you can use it I dont care..... I thought i was gonna get blasted for that one. I did that for my GF but I can't lie i was bouncing behind the decks while it was playin ha ha. Both traks are the same BPM too but the throw is tricky...if u listen you can hear me fixing it from where i missed it.
    Thought about pullin that Unnoficial Jah mix out sooner as well but was like fuck it i'll roll with it..... love the J.Kenzo version myself.
    After Dark/Blood was actually one of my favorites...i got the vocals not to clash either and was happy with that one.
    I agree with you on J.Robinson those tunes are sick and i noticed you played them on your mix as well!!!
    The killa soundbwoy is hard to get the levels right and then double up is so low i struggled to get those right...u would think in this digital age that we could get the same damn quality but no.
    That Artifacts one kills me when i hear it..... i nailed that mix when i was setting it up and it sounded so much better and it's one of my favorite traks so i hated messin it up like that......
    Anyway thanks for the listen mang and im looking forwad to your next one.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks watcha ....let me know when you finish it. Left you some feedback on your mix on soundcloud...really enjoyed that one......and that Afek mix is a beast so it may take you a few to get to mine ha ha.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks as alwas Danny....let me know what ya think. and nah i only use CDJ's now a days...... miss vinyl tho.

11. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

Just listened through this. Wicked mix full of wicked blends. Stand out part being:

11. Moresounds - Blood
    >> Lorde - Royals
    13. Spectrasoul - Slippin

That Royals Sick Wid It mix is so good. might also steal that myself! big ups

beknoxx likes this.
  12. beknoxx

beknoxx 7/11 7/11

Thanks Vanden. Like i said i like that section too. Thanks for the listen.

Of course you can take that mix....i don't care.

13. beknoxx

beknoxx 7/11 7/11

last bump before the new one goes up if anybody wants to listen........

14. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

gave this a listen and really enjoyed it. Liked the use of hip hop tunes in the mix and liked the bouncy flow you kept through the mix. Favourite section had to be 4. Hydro,War and Mateba - Entropy
    >> Das Efx - They Want Efx
    5. Transparent - Place Your Order
    >> OC - Times Up
    6. Xtrah and Break - Always New feat. DRS
    7. Mutated Forms - Wastegash ( Upbeats RMX )
    8. Sam Binga - AYO feat Redders
    9. Dom and Roland - Unofficial Jah
    11. Moresounds - Blood
    >> Lorde - Royals
    Spectrasoul - Slippin, really solid mixing and great selection of tunes there, big up on this mix man will definitely be giving it a few more listens

beknoxx likes this.
  15. beknoxx

beknoxx 7/11 7/11

Thanks for the feedback Danny. Always enjoy reading what you got to say about the mixes.

Been busy training this week at work so haven't been able to listen to anything. Have I missed anything that you have put up?

16. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

Haven't missed anything mate, been busy at work aswell so haven't really had much time, should hopefully be putting up a new mix this month though man

17. beknoxx

beknoxx 7/11 7/11

got u Danny....will keep an eye out for it....EZ.

18. The Watcha

Had a listen to this this afternoon.

Really enjoyed the flow of this mix, with all the hip hip / not dnb 85 / 170 stuff thrown in. Favourite mixes were Ayo - Unofficial Jah.... went very well. Still haven't got fully to grips with Unofficial Jah's intro myself with that bit with no beat, but it worked sublimely well with Ayo. Also liked After Dark rmx - Blood too + the tune at 43:55 whatever that is.

Ayo & Sick Wid it were a little out of time, but mixed in sync, but you only really notice that if you are listening to where the tunes come in, and there were a few too many rewinds for me in there, but on the whole, a thoroughly enjoyable mix.

beknoxx likes this.
  19. beknoxx

beknoxx 7/11 7/11

Thanks watcha....mang I don't know what you got against rewinds ha ha. I saw where you said something to papa jaro about that too..... rewinds are dope ha ha and I think I only did like 5 or something. I don't know I wasn't counting.
    The trak at 43:55 is interline - decay/ j.robinson and knowledge - untitled....good shit.
    I know about that AYO mix on the timing...something about that trak just doesn't sound right when it is thrown on the 32 and I actually missed where I was going to throw it in at and just threw it. The sick wid it mix tho that was intentional. I threw that on like the 8 or 16 after the 32 so that way the beat would drop before the vocals for blood came back in and to leave myself time to set up the royals mix. Some of these mixes were done because of the teases and stuff... I don't usually cheese mixes out like that.
    Thanks for the listen mang...be on the look out for your next one as well.

Oh and as long as you stick the symbols on Unnoficial Jah at the beginning you can just let the trak ride out when it hits the break!

20. The Watcha

No worries. Its just personal preference, unless your David Rodigan :teeth:
    Nice one for the ID on that. Thought it was Untitled. Ayo is 1 & a half 32's, or 48 if your counting, but you need to have the first bit of the tune cued up in the right place. Going to have a heavy session trying to get Unofficial Jah going right. Tried today and its getting better. Next one of mine dropping in a couple of weeks or so ;)

beknoxx likes this.