Listen to my mix. It will make you a better person.

Afek_One

VIP Junglist

Troy Gunner - Capacity
Loxy and Skeptical - Cylon Theme
Reza and Gremlinz - Thaw
D Bridge - Cornered
J. Robinson and Knowledge - Untitled
Synkro and Manos - Lost Here
Sam KDC - Erosion
ASC - Symmetry
Enei - Slender
DBR UK - Terrain
Clarity - Constant
Dub Phizix and Skeptical - Marka
Digital - Bitter Wind
M Zine, Scepticz - Bloodspread
Stray - Prof Popper
Blocks and Escher - Slow Wave
J. Robinson - Lion Music
Ivy Lab and Emperor - Pepper (Deft Remix)
Consequence - Psuedo Echo
Mark System - Goodbye For Now My Love
Mefjus and Inside Info - Repentence
Ivy Lab ft Frank Carter - Missing Persons
Cursa - CRNR
Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing (Om Unit Remix)
Thing - Cold Tune
Dub Phizix - The Clock Ticks

Cheers. Hope you guys like it. Nothing was planned. There are a couple mixes I do a lot though ie Goodbye for now my love > Repentance. I might record it over. I think it's solid, but there were some EQ issues. I'm going to rearrange my room. My monitors are set up to close to me. I also really don't like either of the Missing Persons mixes. I seriously just dropped it any hoped for the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Must find Danwell's marathon mix.

Élégant et simple luxe, la poursuite de l'ultime goût, la texture enviable, ce sont la fonction de signature de longue Tod's, c'est aussi de nombreux fans fidèles de la Tod's avoir la raison. Que ce soit dans Hollywood ou à New York la haute société, ce sont les chaussures haut et confortables TOD'S représentent les chaussures les plus simples mais classiques. http://www.paschertodsfr.com

Just finished this mang and damn its good. I almost started my mix with that troy gunner song too. Was really happy to hear Cursa's CRNR trak on a tracklist.....it's so good. I'm a work so i had to stop start so i kinda lost my spot on the tracklist at times but there were places were they were eq'd and mixed so perfect that i just drifted off. There was a mix somewhere around repentance that kind of threw me off not sure which one and then i think u were right with the missing persons mixes. Also the Dub Phizix trak at the end was kind of weird. But honestly i think that the rest of it was so good that it made these stand out....they would have been great mixes on one of mine ha ha.

I wish i had somebody like you that lived around me so that i could play some traks with and learn a couple of things. I saw where you and watcha were talkin about wave forms. What do you play on?

Also i see you are from Chicago...do you know Dioptrics?

Thanks for the listen. I did lose it towards the end. The Missing Persons mixes are pretty terrible. I put that Thing and Dub Phizix mix together because they both sample clocks, or sound like it. It is kind of weird and syncopated.

I was telling Watcha about being able to see the waveforms and how your mixes can get real robotic. I start to mix every tune the same way, double dropping everything and carrying mixes too long. I need to work on more creative transitions and variations.

I wish I had more time to mix. I would know my tunes better which would help phrasing. I share a loft with my GF. It's totally open and she hates drum and bass. We work the same schedule so it's hard to find time to mix. I'm starting a new job this week though, so I should be good. I could always kick her too, but we have a dog.

ha ha me and my Gf have 2 dogs a baby and 3 cats so i think we could work something out ha ha. But i know what you mean about time. I literally play once or twice a week. I try to set every mix up for the double drop but i just have 2 850's and i don't get to see the waves so it's a process to line up my mixes.
I follow you on soundcloud now and i was really surprised to see hat you don't have that many followers or plays mang. I thought your mix was stellar even with the little things tha could be better.... i always pick my mixes apart....my own worse critic. I'm gonna repost your mix on my page and hopefully it will get you some plays cuz it deserves it.

ha ha me and my Gf have 2 dogs a baby and 3 cats so i think we could work something out ha ha. But i know what you mean about time. I literally play once or twice a week. I try to set every mix up for the double drop but i just have 2 850's and i don't get to see the waves so it's a process to line up my mixes.
I follow you on soundcloud now and i was really surprised to see hat you don't have that many followers or plays mang. I thought your mix was stellar even with the little things tha could be better.... i always pick my mixes apart....my own worse critic. I'm gonna repost your mix on my page and hopefully it will get you some plays cuz it deserves it.

Thanks man. I rarely put anything on Soundcloud. My account is mainly to keep up with releases and dubs.

Tracklist looks sweet, will get on it! Does anyone know if Digital - Bitter Wind will get a digital release? Love that tune so much

Gave this a listen this afternoon.

Really liked the intro with that Troy Gunner bit. Is that 170 bpm?
Thaw - Cornered - Untitled was a wicked string. Untitled has that essence of Cylon Theme, kind of eerie :)
Untitled - Lost Here - Erosion was another cool string, especially bringing in Erosion where you did for the vocal in Lost here to continue through the breakdown :) Where you brought in Constant and Marka were equally nice touches. Was thinking that Repentance would sound really good with that Mark System bit, before I saw that it was coming next in the TL. CRNR is a cool tune. Has some flavours of Stray - Frost in there. Plus really liked that Cold Tune. Not heard that before.

Very nice mix. The tunes flowed well. There was a handful of transitions that were fluid up to the point where you took the tune out, where they sounded abrupt at the last moment. Try easing the fader / volume down all the way when taking tunes out to reduce this. The Clock Ticks at the end need not have been switched. Would have sounded nice leaving Cold Tune in. And I think there is a tune missing of the tracklist after CRNR man

Last edited:
Gave this a listen this afternoon.

Really liked the intro with that Troy Gunner bit. Is that 170 bpm?
Thaw - Cornered - Untitled was a wicked string. Untitled has that essence of Cylon Theme, kind of eerie :)
Untitled - Lost Here - Erosion was another cool string, especially bringing in Erosion where you did for the vocal in Lost here to continue through the breakdown :) Where you brought in Constant and Marka were equally nice touches. Was thinking that Repentance would sound really good with that Mark System bit, before I saw that it was coming next in the TL. CRNR is a cool tune. Has some flavours of Stray - Frost in there. Plus really liked that Cold Tune. Not heard that before.

Very nice mix. The tunes flowed well. There was a handful of transitions that were fluid up to the point where you took the tune out, where they sounded abrupt at the last moment. Try easing the fader / volume down all the way when taking tunes out to reduce this. The Clock Ticks at the end need not have been switched. Would have sounded nice leaving Cold Tune in. And I think there is a tune missing of the tracklist after CRNR man
That Troy Gunner tune is 170. It has the lone snare on the first bar. I mixed it on the 16 instead of the 32 but had to keep it in. It's so hard to get right.

Constant is one of my favorite tunes of all time. It finds a way in every mix I do. It's a minimal tune, but has incredible energy. I can't explain how much I love it and how good of a dj tool it is

Goodbye For Now My. Love has this great build up. It just keeps flowing. It needs to be double dropped and Repentence is an ideal banger for it. I did bass switches every 8 bars to keep both tunes flowing.

I brought out Cold Tune because if gets really weird. Even if it's beat matched, it sounds wrong. I played with Clock Ticks because they both sample a clock.

I'm not sure which tune is after CNCR. I would have to listen to it again. I usually miss a tune in every tracklist.

I'm glad you liked it. I'm going to try to record another good one on Tuesday. There's so many good tunes coming out.

had a listen to this mix today and thought it was a really solid mix, liked the way you built the mix up, very interesting selection and mixing was on point. Favourite part of this mix had to be Clarity - Constant > Dub Phizix and Skeptical - Marka > Digital - Bitter Wind, loved the way you brought marka into the mix and thought the drops worked really well together, thought u took out constant a bit too early but that's just my opinion, also liked the bitter wind drums coming into marka souded so sweet. Big up on this mix man

had a listen to this mix today and thought it was a really solid mix, liked the way you built the mix up, very interesting selection and mixing was on point. Favourite part of this mix had to be Clarity - Constant > Dub Phizix and Skeptical - Marka > Digital - Bitter Wind, loved the way you brought marka into the mix and thought the drops worked really well together, thought u took out constant a bit too early but that's just my opinion, also liked the bitter wind drums coming into marka souded so sweet. Big up on this mix man

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom