DnB Liquidy WIP, come give some feedback 8)

love the vibe man, soft n mellow.

need to do something about those drums that come in at 1:53, put a bit of swing on them and take a bit of the highs off, or add something with more mid presence like a rimshot

love the vibe man, soft n mellow.

need to do something about those drums that come in at 1:53, put a bit of swing on them and take a bit of the highs off, or add something with more mid presence like a rimshot
Glad you're feeling the mellow vibes, that's what I was going for! But yeah the percussion there was kind of harsh so I swapped one out for a rim shot and played around with it so it sounds smoother now.

On a side note I added another layer to the bass (about 125-275hz area) as it was just the sub-bass originally and I think with this extra layer it sounds warmer and more full.

More feedback from anyone would be nice too!

Either my hearing is off or does the vocal need to be a slightly higher pitch? I'm really bloody tired so I don't know if I can be trusted.

There's plenty more things you can do in terms of production though. Like with the vocal, have different pitches of it so it turns in to a chord, and you can have them panned in various places so it creates more width, another nifty trick is reversing the vocal, adding reverb, bouncing it out and then putting it back the right way, this would work well especially before the drop as it would create the sensation of being sucked in to the drop, it's a cool technique, radiohead used to use it a lot.

Also pan ur drums a bit dude, they're very central, I love having quite wide hats.

Maybe some subtle hand drums or something after on the second drop, i dunno!

Back
Top Bottom