Liquid Vocal Cut Ups

cut it up, drop into a drum sampler and pitch shift, envelope etc. if you're looking for workflow, detecting transients (or detect hitpoints as i think some sequencers call it) may be useful. as well as using recycle or something for rex loop functionality.

i found knocking most of the low end out was pretty common too, shit's just too detailed with the bassy frequencies in. a bandpass might be nice.

^ this.

If you're using Logic you can use the "strip silence" function, it will chop up your audio into multiple regions. Then you can use the "convert regions to sampler instrument" to have Logic load your slices into EXS24. If you have Kontakt, you'll find the results to be better since you can use Time Machine to keep the length of each sample while still having the ability to adjust the pitch...hopefully this is something the ludicrously slow developers at Logic will implement with EXS24 mkIII...but I digress.

Cheers.

There is a plugin called D-Blue glitch (I think thats the name anyways) it does a good job with that kinda stuff, look it up!

For vocal cutting, any auto slicer sampler with pitch control will do the trick, rape with delay and reverb.

There's a Danny Byrd tutorial somewhere on youtube talking about this kinda thing. He slices a vocal sample and maps the slices to different keys on a keyboard and just starts jamming until he gets something he likes.

Back
Top Bottom