Liquid V Club Sessions Vol.2 “The Big Picture” mixed by Artificial Intelligence

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Radius, May 20, 2006.

1. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Bryan Gee’s A&R talent is almost prophetic. His ability to spot what tunes will be big tomorrow keeps his labels sounding fresh. He’s asked Artificial Intelligence to dig through the unreleased material scheduled for Liquid V and the result is this enormous collection of rolling flavours. Not to mention some nice fresh cuts from their own lab. In fact Robert Owens teams up with them on “Power Within”. Calibre’s “Same Ole” kicks things off, warming things up just nicely with a laid back funkified ride. Up and coming producers Jazz Thieves “Shaken Not stirred” drops on a breakdown. Blissful violins and smoking horns are masterfully woven into a fabric of deep subs and cracking beats. Of course the Desperado VIP mix gets a look in, and one of my favourite tunes gets a re-work, “It’s a Jazz Thing” is reworked by Utah Jazz. Superb. There has been much speculation as to when the Logistics remix of “Big Bad and Heavy ( aka the Burial) “ by Leviticus is going to come out, but it features on this mix, and it sounds fat ! “Superfly” is on here with its superbad flavours. Tommy Boy’s “Flip Flops” is a welcome addition too.
    With Clipz on a liquid tip, Roni Size, a remix of AI’s “Movin On”, a new Vital Elements track, Sycopix and so much more, this is a big selection. With “Jazz Thing” and “Love and Happiness” imminent vinyl releases, expect to hear big things from V in the next few months.

[​IMG]

2. DJ N-Deva

DJ N-Deva Member