BLoodstaiN`

I'll give some examples of what i mean
The higher pitched wobble
The higher pitched synth

How do you make 'em,
'cause i wanna start making some liquid too ;<
but i have no idea how to make 'em
and atm i'm stuck at it, Having made subbass drums & piano ;p

also i would like to know how to make plucked stab synth, with a more liquid feel to it.
or just stab synths that can be made nicer with some reverd,

any tips?

Last edited by a moderator:
2 squarewaves of which one is 7 semitones transposed up seems to be the common way to make such sounds, rest is processing

and for synth-stabs playing with the envelopes is essential obviously.

btw, cueing for people coming in "make up your own sounds blabla"

I've heard a lot netsky makes his bass with a lowpassed reese. And in a 3/16 speed mostly.

But i'm also searching for those nice liquid sounding synths mate...

I'd go with what Groelle mentioned. I think you can get a pretty simple sound with two oscillators, but once you play around with the ADSR you can change it completely. That, coupled with some nice phasing / reverb / chorus / delay effects and now you've got something completely different!

EDIT : That higher pitched synth you're referring to in the second clip sounds to me like a chopped vocal. Unless it's the other bit that comes in later you meant?

EDIT AGAIN: The high wobble in the 1st clip just sounds like two square waves, slightly detuned, with a 1/8 LFO on it.

Last edited:
I'd go with what Groelle mentioned. I think you can get a pretty simple sound with two oscillators, but once you play around with the ADSR you can change it completely. That, coupled with some nice phasing / reverb / chorus / delay effects and now you've got something completely different!

EDIT : That higher pitched synth you're referring to in the second clip sounds to me like a chopped vocal. Unless it's the other bit that comes in later you meant?

EDIT AGAIN: The high wobble in the 1st clip just sounds like two square waves, slightly detuned, with a 1/8 LFO on it.

was second bit that i meant, but conclusion is: Square waves!

2 squarewaves of which one is 7 semitones transposed up seems to be the common way to make such sounds, rest is processing

and for synth-stabs playing with the envelopes is essential obviously.

btw, cueing for people coming in "make up your own sounds blabla"

Small question, what is a semitone?
say i'm in Tone C, where is 7 semitones higher then?

in most synth you could just transpose them up, would be easieast and best here. apart from that a semitone is 1 key, so you just have to go up 7 keys, should be f# then.

in most synth you could just transpose them up, would be easieast and best here. apart from that a semitone is 1 key, so you just have to go up 7 keys, should be f# then.

I know you're just trying to help, but you're giving out incorrect information.
7 semitones equates to a perfect 5th, regardless of key signature.
C transposed up 7 semi tones is not F#. The answer is G, not F#.

Back
Top Bottom