liquid summer tune -- ON MY OWN

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
Hello! A bit an early spring here, 15-20C and blue sky in Tokyo this week. Time for summer tunes ...
Hope this one hasn't got too cheesy .. I have a few specific questions though:

1) do the vocals & synths sound too bright? should I further EQ them (cut high)?
2) is the sub bass too heavy? turned it down already by a lot .. still too much? PS: On purpose, I kept in only the sub (no reese nor mid bass) to make space for other elements.
3) feeling the summer vibe? :cool:

Thanks for listing and your feedback!

Last edited:
Got nice vibes mate, rolls well and vocals fit real good to the track. Only listened through phones as late now. I crank through my studio tomorrow and see how it sounds and let you know what i think.
Big ups is a really nice sound you got going. .

Got nice vibes mate, rolls well and vocals fit real good to the track. Only listened through phones as late now. I crank through my studio tomorrow and see how it sounds and let you know what i think.
Big ups is a really nice sound you got going. .
Thanks mate, looking forward ur sound feedback when back to proper speakers ...cheers!

1: Vocals are fine. That bell synth that comes in at 3:25 sounds a bit loud (nice melody though). Maybe turn it down a tad but if it gets buried under the other synths maybe try it an octave down? I think the thing that sounds too bright really are the drums esp. the overheads.

2: Sub sounds ok. Could be louder frankly :D

3: Yep... I'm gonna go put sunscreen on now... ;)

Hi symbiosis... Cheers mate! Thanks for listening and ur input on all three Qs! The melody is actually 2 different synths layered on 2 different octaves, I can turn them down for sure. Will look at the drums. I think it's always summer in ur place which is nice ;)

Hey,
sounds pretty dope! Nice usage of the vocals and some complex-sounding drum breaks!
Could be mixed in a hospital mix in my opinion (y)

1. No, they sound very well now.
2. The bass isn't too loud. Like symbiosis said, you could make it slightly louder.
I like the sub, but on some points i think you used that bass-drop-down or however you call it, too often. I think that kind of bass-element can be used more often in trap or dubstep tunes, but in it doesnt fit to liquid dnb that good in my opinion. On 3:54 it isn't needed, for example. But that's subjective i quess ;)

NIce one - summer is allowed to come now :)
Cheers

Hey,
sounds pretty dope! Nice usage of the vocals and some complex-sounding drum breaks!
Could be mixed in a hospital mix in my opinion (y)

1. No, they sound very well now.
2. The bass isn't too loud. Like symbiosis said, you could make it slightly louder.
I like the sub, but on some points i think you used that bass-drop-down or however you call it, too often. I think that kind of bass-element can be used more often in trap or dubstep tunes, but in it doesnt fit to liquid dnb that good in my opinion. On 3:54 it isn't needed, for example. But that's subjective i quess ;)

NIce one - summer is allowed to come now :)
Cheers

hey buddy, glad you like the track and feel the summer vibe :)
I will look at the sub bass and try to put it a bit further up again.
will also look at the bass growls, maybe too many, you're right.
thanks for listing and your detailed feedback! cheers! :2thumbs:

Wish it felt like Spring here, it's freezing!

1) for me they are too bright. The whole thing sounds a bit "bright" and I think the synths are too loud.
2) Nope, crank it if anything and I think the track could benefit from a bit more low-mid range elements.
3) feeling the summer vibe? I wish! o_O

Nice tune mate :cool:

Wish it felt like Spring here, it's freezing!

1) for me they are too bright. The whole thing sounds a bit "bright" and I think the synths are too loud.
2) Nope, crank it if anything and I think the track could benefit from a bit more low-mid range elements.
3) feeling the summer vibe? I wish! o_O

Nice tune mate :cool:

Thanks Dan, unf. too late as I marked this one final. But I think ur right on brightness, I'll leave it to the master engineer in case this track goes to next stage. Cheers!

cool track!! Has a nice liquicity vibe to it! Whats the snare sample? I like its sound.
Vocal fits it nice, but it can be a little bit quieter in volume level maybe..
Whats that metallic kinda percussion in the background? Is it a ride, i cant define how to name it haha.
What you maybe can add in the background is a break and shaker to get it more steppy you know, like very softly in volume. I always like that because it keeps the track rolling and people dancing.
Furthermore it sounds really solid and well produced!!

Very nice vibes on this mate, can't add any feedback as all has been said lol...
Brings a warm sensation and thats the most difficult thing to bring to listeners. A track that has feeling bring on the summer already....

cool track!! Has a nice liquicity vibe to it! Whats the snare sample? I like its sound.
Vocal fits it nice, but it can be a little bit quieter in volume level maybe..
Whats that metallic kinda percussion in the background? Is it a ride, i cant define how to name it haha.
What you maybe can add in the background is a break and shaker to get it more steppy you know, like very softly in volume. I always like that because it keeps the track rolling and people dancing.
Furthermore it sounds really solid and well produced!!

hi jordy, thanks for listening .. glad you like it and feeling humbled u see this near the liquicity vibe.
the snare is a layer of several send through a drums bus. the percussion I think you mean is a simple ride.
thank for your feedback bro !

Back
Top Bottom