Liquid Sessions 004 [LSB/Dawn Wall/AI/Tokyo Prose/Alix Perez]

georgeftw

Welcome to this season's Liquid Sessions mix. Over the past few months I have really been feeling releases from the likes of Artificial Intelligence, Dawn Wall, LSB, Alix Perez and Tokyo Prose - and their sounds seem to fit well in a winter themed mix. There is also the usual array of older tracks, my personal favourites being those by Chase & Status, Commix and Logistics. The opening track, by LSB is one I have had my eye on for a long time now, and may well be my favourite liquid tune of 2015.

So here's to the end of winter, and the start of a new year for drum & bass. Enjoy the mix!

Tracklist:
1. About Tonight - LSB
2. >> Take U There (feat. Digga) - Chase & Status
3. Fallen (feat. Dawn Wall) - Artificial Intelligence
4. Painted Smile - Commix
5. Wasted Love (SpectraSoul Remix) - BenZel
6. Jungle Music - Logistics
7. Future (feat. Madi Lane) [Calibre Remix] - Breakage
8. Rosewood (feat. Christina Tamayo) - Submorphics
9. Thinner Edge - DKay & Intoxicated
10. What I've Always Waited For - Nu:Logic
11. Stolen Glances (feat. Sammie Bella) - Pola & Bryson
12. Welcome To Our World - Seba
13. Don't Exist (Anile Remix) - Nuage & THRN
14. The Mistress - SpectraSoul
15. Turn Up (The Music) - Camo & Krooked
16. Ready For Your Love (feat. MNEK) [Etherwood Remix] - Gorgon City
17. Bullets (feat. Diane Charlemagne) - Calibre
18. Is This Real - Artificial Intelligence
19. Losing You - Alix Perez
20. We Are Not Human (feat. Hannah Lux) - June Miller
21. Not Far to Go - Technimatic
22. Tell Me - Tokyo Prose
23. Falling Out of Consciousness (feat. Georgia Yates, Bev Lee) [VIP] - Etherwood
24. Girl In The Fire - Pendulum
25. Hypnosis - Wilkinson
26. Ready Or Not (Champion Bootleg) - Fugees
27. If I Smiled - Dawn Wall
28. Rock Steady (Lenzman Remix) - Command Strange
29. Lifted (feat. Matt Banks) - Hybrid Minds
30. Rolling Sideways - LSB
31. Beyond Belief (Technicolour & Komatic Remix) - BCee
32. Privilige (Instrumental) - Artificial Intelligence
33. In The Shadows(VIP Mix) [feat. Philippa Hanna] - BCee & Bladerunner

What a great mix!! So many sick blends, particularly enjoyed:

1. About Tonight - LSB
2. >> Take U There (feat. Digga) - Chase & Status
3. Fallen (feat. Dawn Wall) - Artificial Intelligence
4. Painted Smile - Commix

12. Welcome To Our World - Seba
13. Don't Exist (Anile Remix) - Nuage & THRN

14. The Mistress - SpectraSoul

19. Losing You - Alix Perez

20. We Are Not Human (feat. Hannah Lux) - June Miller
21. Not Far to Go - Technimatic
22. Tell Me - Tokyo Prose

24. Girl In The Fire - Pendulum

25. Hypnosis - Wilkinson
26. Ready Or Not (Champion Bootleg) - Fugees

Loved the layering of vocals from one track onto another in a few places (Take U there, ready or not remix).
Some proper old favourite tunes in here, haha I forgot how good take u there is, and hearing those pianos from painted smile come in gets me every time!

Following you on sc and will definitely look out for any future mixes!

Wow man thanks for the feedback! Probably the nicest response I've ever got - really appreciate it.

You've pretty much picked out my favourite transitions too, I do love opening with a recent favourite track combined with an older classic. I actually randomly found that LSB + Chase & Status combo randomly right before I recorded the mix, and glad I did because its a beautiful match. The lyrics are amazingly written and I like that there's a bit of the baseline during the breakdown of About Tonight before it drops for the second time. Also Girl in the Fire > Hypnosis is one I love so much as its a nice change in pace.

You're so right about the layering and blends, and its the challenge of weaving tracks together, or 'making music out of music' that really got me into mixing. In my earlier mixes I did a much wider variety of styles, but in the last year I decided to focus on liquid as I feel pulling off those meshes of vocals/melodies is more rewarding within the same sub genre.

Other than the ones you described, my other favourite transitions are the Future (feat. Madi Lane) [Calibre Remix] - Breakage > Rosewood (feat. Christina Tamayo) - Submorphics switch > Thinner Edge. And also Beyond Belief (Technicolour & Komatic Remix) - BCee > Privilige (Instrumental) - Artificial Intelligence. That track at the end of the AI album really took me by surprise.

If you're interested in more of that layered style, the best example is probably from my Liquid Sessions 001 mix, where I opened with Night Vision - Technimatic dropped with the Accapella of System by Nu:Tone. Both tracks have almost exactly the same structure and it makes a completely new song.

And the opening of my first liquid mix has a pretty cool beginning too if you're interested: https://www.mixcloud.com/burrelldnb/drum-bass-mix-13-liquid-spesh/

Will give your mixes a listen tomorrow at work - track lists look great. Looking forward to listening to some filth!

Cheers,
George

Back
Top Bottom