[Liquid] Point & Figure - Surrender(WIP)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Quotec, May 31, 2014.

1. Quotec

Quotec Active Member

Sup mates?

Have been working for almost a week now on this new tune. Not gonna lie, I was feeling a little sad all week and that´s why I decided to translate this sadness in my new track too. It´s ultra messy yet, so many things may change, especially bass. I just want to hear your opinion on sounds and idea in general. I did master this demo a little to make it sound a little bit more in-your-face.

2. Quotec

Quotec Active Member

Quite amount of views but zero feedback? Is this track too boring or what´s the matter?

3. madknob

madknob Member

Don't like the sidechained tick tack hat hits in the intro. Drums needs some variations in melody part too. It has some good flow I think. Cheers!

4. Northern Seagul

Northern Seagul Active Member

nice bass, on other part of mixdown still need working.
    interesting mix of styles :)

5. Locc

Locc New Member

wasnt really feeling it for the first half but i love the piano and everything from there onwards, i think if the intro was changed around to fit the piano it would sound really nice. i cant really comment on the bass cos im not anywhere with decent speakers at the moment but from what i can ever so slightly hear it sounds good.
    i would probably take the sample of the gun out too f it was my tune, i dont think it really suits the feel of the tune

6. Quotec

Quotec Active Member

Cheers mates! As I said, it´s damn unstructured yet and a lot of mixing/mastering is ahead.

@Locc

It may be down to personal taste, but I added this gunshot/rainy effect to diversify some things. Pretty original, eh?

7. SuBKA

SuBKA Member

Drums could have slightly more presence in the mix, especially the kick, rest is pretty good imo.