[liquid] Navi - Like a Kite

sounding really good mate...
drums are solid and punchy, bass is coming through nicely and youve got a nice arrangement of sounds.

tbh im struggling to fault it...seems like you've done a good production here..
only thing id say it to mix up your drum pattern a lil bit, add a fill in at the end of a bar or a double kick mid bar, just spice it up a lil..

other than that top job!

Jesus! Those drums are bright, lol. Sounds good though.
The strings remind me of Hybrid for some reason.

00:48... you've got to add some kind of wooshy cymbal ran through some verb... something Lush to really make that lil BrkDwn have more impact. Imo anyway.

Track isn't my cup... too happy. But the Prod doesn't sound bad. Overall, it sounds like maybe you're enhancing the 1K-10K range via EQ/etc...?

One thing I notice is that the Drums overall... could use a couple more Hat layers. Your hats don't sound 'rounded out' enough imo.

3:05... Hybrid again with those Strings : )

hope that helps

yeah this is sounding pretty solid mayn! not my kinda dnb but its well produced.. maybe the mixdown could do with a few adjustments, think the snare should be a bit louder, and the lead synth around 2.15 should go down in the mix definatly. but its ur choice really

Jesus! Those drums are bright, lol. Sounds good though.
The strings remind me of Hybrid for some reason.

00:48... you've got to add some kind of wooshy cymbal ran through some verb... something Lush to really make that lil BrkDwn have more impact. Imo anyway.

Track isn't my cup... too happy. But the Prod doesn't sound bad. Overall, it sounds like maybe you're enhancing the 1K-10K range via EQ/etc...?

One thing I notice is that the Drums overall... could use a couple more Hat layers. Your hats don't sound 'rounded out' enough imo.

3:05... Hybrid again with those Strings : )

hope that helps

thanks man! and thanks everyone else for the advice. Seems there arent many producers that make this style of dnb on this board.. More harder styles it seems. I appreciate the advice though~

yeah i agree with you navi, most people on this forum are into darker dnb...tbh im getting into it a lot now so expect some dark crunchy shit from me.. :D

Listen to a couple of my tracks mate, I sometimes produce this style of DnB.

Anyway, I really like this track, production sounds on point, and everything sounds nice and crisp.

I agree with Proto about adding a nice whooshy reverbed cymbal on the breakdown, would really help it flow into the next part of the track. Apart from that though dude, you nailed it with this one.

think the kick and snare dont sound AS good together. theyre both sounding good, but somehow the flow is missing, maybe make the snare a lil bit longer and pitch it up a bit?

as for the rest of the tune, i agree that FX are missing. put in the one that leads to the second breakdown right before the first drop. mixdown doesnt sound that bad and i like all the stuff you got going on. but somehow, the "sound" is missing. everything is just there and you cant decide what drives the track, and everytime something goes out again, its missing something. maybe make the leadsynth louder and sidechain it a bit to the snare? you defo need some hi hats in the intro aswell as some more drum fills and transitions, esp towars the end.

not a bad track tho! big ups.

Back
Top Bottom