Liquid mix for the new year

grubbers

VIP Junglist
Put together this mix earlier today. Now that I'm listening back to it, I maybe should have made some slight changes selection-wise, but I'm pretty happy with it overall. Let me know what you think.

edit: After the 3rd listen, I've decided that I'm going to change a few things and re-record this mix later. But I'd still love to hear other people's thoughts on this current mix.

Tracklist:
Calibre - People Never Change feat. DRS
Altitude - Everything (feat. dRamatic & dbAudio)
Utah Jazz - Loops For Days
Vicious Circle & Need For Mirrors - Eyes Wide Shut
Zero T - Roxy Music
Total Science - Cold Blood feat. Riya
Smote - Back To Mind
Commix - I Have You
Alix Perez - Contradictions
Sade - No Ordinary Love (LSB Bootleg)
Tokyo Prose & Phil Tangent - Parity
Alex Clare - Treading Water (Lenzman Remix)
Commix - Change On Me
Technicolour & Komatic - Forget The Past
DJ Marky & S.P.Y - Mystic Sunset
Technicolour & Komatic - No Evil
Calyx & Teebee - Elevate This Sound
Lynx & Hellrazor - How You Move Me feat. Kemo
Break - They're Wrong
High Contrast - Wish You Were Here feat. Selah Corbin (S.P.Y Remix)

Last edited:
First the bad news. A lot of the transitions felt awkward for me when the songs weren't in a similar key, however, the tracklist is a very good selection. It's great to see picks like utah jazz, LSB, and technicolour & koumatic.

Thanks for the feedback. After listening back to it a few times, I realized the first half of the mix is pretty much garbage. Along with some of the tunes being slightly out of key, there were a handful that just didn't flow together well, at least not in the way that I mixed them. Personally, I'm pretty happy with it beyond No Ordinary Love. The tracks seem to be in key from that point on and it just has a much better flow to it. Things definitely sound a bit different in the mix than they do when you're listening to the recording.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom