Liquid kick Lenzman

jakeshiftzw

Shiftz
Its hard to tell. Sounds like he layers a little hi hat or white noise over the top of the kick in the second tune, probably uses transient shaping to bring out the punch of a decent kick sample which has some timbre to it... layer that with a nice subby kick and you shouldn't be too far off. Make it sound as full as possible before you apply any techniques to make it stand out in the mix.. then go ahead with sidechaining, notch EQ'ing and all that junk to get it sitting nicely.

I guess only the man himself knows, choosing the right samples is critical. Thanks for reminding me of Lose You VIP.. I forgot all about that tune, one of his best

Id say a shit load of compression to get that tight thud. pretty sure you need to smack the shit outta drums in dnb and other edm stuff. you can check by slapping one of his tunes into a daw, check the waveform when the kick hits in the intro - if the peaks are flat as fuck then it's mad compressed.

Could even be parallel compression, one compressor squishing the granny out of it and the original intact to reserve transients. Haven't even thought about analysing a waveform like that. Nice one russla.

you can find a kick simillar to that which u have to eq / compress a little and use audioware warmer in the phaeleh sample pack i think.

Back
Top Bottom