[Liquid-ish] LittleLight - Double Horizon feedback

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by LittleLight, Jul 5, 2014.

1. LittleLight

LittleLight New Member

Hi there guys :),

I've just finished my new experiment - a track in the 432Hz tuning. I will appreciate any feedback/opinions.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day :)
    LL

2. madknob

madknob Member

Sounds different and it's not a bad thing. IMO kick needs some more punch and snare needs a bit crisp, but overall it's good. Nice job!

LittleLight likes this.
  3. LittleLight

LittleLight New Member

Thanks for your feedback :). I would like to ask: do you think that more compression would add that punch to the kick and some hi-end EQ boost would add that crisp to the snare? Or should I choose some different way to achieve this? Or should I look for different drum samples?

4. madknob

madknob Member

NP, I think all u named can help u, just try different settings and I'm sure u will find proper sound. Also u can search some tutorials about drum eq-ing. Cheers!

5. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

Ny compression may help with the punchy kick, and with the crispier snare, just layer some clap sounds to the snare. After listening to the track, I think that the hat sounds are way high in volume. TO me, they are higher that the snare, for example. Composition-wise, the track is pretty good IMO.

LittleLight likes this.
  6. LittleLight

LittleLight New Member

Thanks for the tips and review :). It is true, that in most of my tracks so far I'm a bit struggling with too much ear-biting hats, especially in the silent parts, when they play alone. Up until now I have generally thought of percussions as something that should be prominent in the DnB genre, but maybe it would work better rather as an auxiliary instrument though.