Liquid Funk Suggestions

MadChoonz

I'm Rich Biatch!
I've been spinning a long time and usually go for neurofunk. I kind if want to chill out though.

Liquid funk is kind of slow for me. I was hoping for suggestions on artists that are liquid funky and chill but have a really fast beat. Uplifting, kind of.

Djs and artists plz. I like to listen to mixes and research the tracks.

Thank you so much guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you heard of pitch controls? they let you take a piece of music and make it faster or slower. pretty handy when you want to a tune that's really "chill" and make it really fast.

Joking apart you sound like you're looking for Hospital or Spearhead kind of stuff really.

you do know that liquid is the same speed as neurofunk right? give or take 1 or 2 bpm here and there.

Have u heard these man?

Jubei ft. Jerome Thomas - Incognito
Eastcolors - Toys
Pedestrian - Hoyle Road [SpectraSoul Remix]

Musical yet satisfyingly deep...

have you heard of pitch controls? they let you take a piece of music and make it faster or slower. pretty handy when you want to a tune that's really "chill" and make it really fast.

Joking apart you sound like you're looking for Hospital or Spearhead kind of stuff really.

Don't suggest hospital thats a fucking minefield.

As per artist suggestions, I like LSB, Calibre, Tokyo Prose and Eveson.

just because something has the same bpm doesn't mean that it "feels" like it's the same speed

maybe something like this?
lsb, calibre, hybrid minds, bcee are good shouts, spearhead records in general aswell

Last edited by a moderator:
just because something has the same bpm doesn't mean that it "feels" like it's the same speed

o-LAUGHING-SEAL-570.jpg

yeah it sounds stupid but compare teddy killerz & billain - wizards to dc breaks - swag, the latter one is 2 bpms faster (i am guessing wizards is 172 as prety much every other neuro tune, correct me if im wrong) and yet feels like its a lot slower because it has less drum hits inbetween and not a hectic break

Liquid funk - hmmm, Technimatic, LSB, Bcee, dRamatic & dBaudio ( all day long ), Furney, Madcap, Malarky, Florain, Flaco, Makoto, Random Movement, Jaybee, Lenzman, Total Science do some nice bits - ill fill some more in when I can think, im having a brain block right now............but I think from your description you cant go wrong with a lot of the dRamatic & Dbaudio tunes, current favourite of theirs is 'by my side' - have a listen and see if that's what you're after dude

not too sure what liquid funk is but these are a few tunes worth a mentioning that are kind of liquidy and funky haha

Last edited by a moderator:
well tunes are using FUNK breaks and FUNK samples so i guess i kind of get why its called that way?

also what has melodic dnb to do with liquid? not every tune has a water sample or whatever in it so pretty bullshit argument really since its just a friggin name

negativity everywhere

whats funky about liquid drum and bass. What a bullshit name

Your 20, you woud'nt understand if we sat you down with a nice cup of lemon tea and a pink waffer to explain it to you feller.

- - - Updated - - -

well tunes are using FUNK breaks and FUNK samples so i guess i kind of get why its called that way?

also what has melodic dnb to do with liquid? not every tune has a water sample or whatever in it so pretty bullshit argument really since its just a friggin name

negativity everywhere

exactly this..... Just like jump up wants to make me sit down........ and commit hari kari

- - - Updated - - -

I've been spinning a long time and usually go for neurofunk. I kind if want to chill out though.

Liquid funk is kind of slow for me. I was hoping for suggestions on artists that are liquid funky and chill but have a really fast beat. Uplifting, kind of.

Djs and artists plz. I like to listen to mixes and research the tracks.

Thank you so much guys!

Anything by Furney, (Dub a Dub is a good track) dbaudio, Brunno (wicked brazilain producer)...not all liquid is slow and melodic made for chilling, theres loads made for the rave/dance floor.... i tend to go for amens and bouncy basslines, using the slower tracks for a break mid set.

I wasn't talking about bpm. I didn't phrase that good. I mean a uplifting beat with chill sounds. I dunno I heard my friend play a liquid funk song or two and it had a drumset-sounding-beat going real fast but chill piano sounds and stuff. Lol I dunno of that helps. I'll figure it out and thanks to all those that weren't acting like strung out teenagers and actually were helpful.

Back
Top Bottom