Liquid Dnb

The_BigZ

Hey guys

Can somebody explain to me what Liquid drum n bass is

And provide me some the classic tunes to have?

What defines the liquid bit of Dnb

You got your jump up your Grimey dark tunes and your Chilled out intelligent tunes your trance dnb and of course Jungle and breakbeat

But what the hell is liquid dnb? confused lol:|

Opposite thing to solid drum'n'bass actually. Check out Commix, Fellowship, Marcus Intalex, Calibre, Architex, Beta 2, Equinox...all that shit. Mostly describes soulful material from after 2000.

Or Something.

The_BigZ said:
Hey guys

Can somebody explain to me what Liquid drum n bass is

And provide me some the classic tunes to have?

What defines the liquid bit of Dnb

You got your jump up your Grimey dark tunes and your Chilled out intelligent tunes your trance dnb and of course Jungle and breakbeat

But what the hell is liquid dnb? confused lol:|

House raped by dnb.

Yeah I listen to Calibre

makes me wonder is a excellent track

Any reccomendations?

As I have been listening to this style hate the heavy drum n bass

Hows About Rascal and Klone?

Got alot of there stuff in my collection

Good stuff what's type of dnb is this?

appreciation

have you got galaCTIC JAM by Raskal and Klone?
thats a bad tune!
def not what I'd call liquid, but a couple of liquid style DJs i know used to throw Raskal&K into sets a bit to keep it firin

Last edited:
I think liquid sorta started out with stuff on Creative Source in '97 and sort of progressed from there. Of course now its much different. Always nice to hear variety, and always amazing to see that people are so 'kin narrow minded about D&B....if I heard all the same style all night, I would go home.
Rant rant......:wtf:

Yeah Alot of People Stereo Type Drum n Bass

As Heavy repetive Beats and Some Mcing chanting bollocks lol

It's more diverse than that I am into the laid back intelligent funky chilled liquid dnb

Cant stand the grimey hectic stuff gets right on my tits

and most the mcs are awful what are they saying?

lol

I like my drummo to have a bit of progression and actually go somewhere

anyone relate to this?

I have to say I love it all. Even Buckem drops heavier beats to add impact to the softer ones. I agree a lot of MC's need to give up, but my word!- some MC's are amazing. Ragga D in Brighton can freestyle off da top a da dome about whats going on around him switching from Hip Hop to Ragga styles in the blink of an eye. I have been lucky enough to work with some excellent MC's like Ragga D, Repow, Wong, Melodee. But also had to pull the mike out the mixer for many many clueless fools.
I also LOVE the darkside...check y abadself...ya dig ? I have a short attention span so I need plenty of changes to keep me interested!!!!

What particularly rings true now as much as it did then before the split between the styles, was what was on the back on the Moving Shadow 2 on 1 series #9 in the shouts it says "MANY STYLES MAKE THE STYLE ONE" [MC Five-O 1994] Truesay !!!! ( yes, I was sad enough to dig it out, but its been playing on my mind with all these posts about different styles) :jazz_band :antitank: :alchy: :typing: :1: :i_love_co

Yeah am Really liking this Liquid dnb

Excellent stuff

Few tracks I am really liking

Marky and XRS - Rotation
Calibre - makes me wonder
Marcus Intalex and High contrast - 3am
Calirbre ft Mc Fats - drop it down
And Influx Uks new stuff

Quality so much more Diverse and intelligent than the grimey stuff :rik:

yea, that calibre tune is really good.

Wouldn't say they are more 'intelligent', just because you add a nice little piano riff or mellow strings to a tune it doesn't suddenly become all 'deep' and 'meaningfull'.

Some of the darker, heavier tunes are MUCH more deep imo, rawthangs scorned is an example of this and even concord dawns morning light (think thats the title)

Dj SmurFiE said:
yea, that calibre tune is really good.

Wouldn't say they are more 'intelligent', just because you add a nice little piano riff or mellow strings to a tune it doesn't suddenly become all 'deep' and 'meaningfull'.

Some of the darker, heavier tunes are MUCH more deep imo, rawthangs scorned is an example of this and even concord dawns morning light (think thats the title)

scorned is amazing.

future prophecies - illusion of time (dstrbd002) is one of the most beautiful dnb songs i've ever heard and it sure as hell ain't liquid.

Back
Top Bottom