liquid dnb track clip

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by hannibal selector, May 7, 2015.

1. hannibal selector

hannibal selector Member

this is my first ever liquid dnb attempt, wouldnt mind some opinions, if anybody could find the time. thanks in advance :)

2. Xynth

Xynth New Member

Feedback on sexual fantasies? That's uhh... interesting :D

It's pretty good, though your drums don't have a lot of power. That rapid bass is, in my opinion, pretty atypical in DnB.

3. hannibal selector

hannibal selector Member

they wasnt meant to have a lot of power. As i see liquid as a chilled style of dnb. And tracks ive heard the drums reflect that. That was my reasoning anyway for trying to take the agression out of everything i made for the track. :) i might be wrong. Maybe i havent heard enough liquid. Cos i play darker dnb usually. Lol

4. hannibal selector

hannibal selector Member

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment

5. blend107

blend107 Active Member

I think they probs just need to cut through a bit more, perhaps change the arrangement a bit throughout too. Maybe change the snare or use it as a layer as it sounds a bit 'whitenoisey' if you get me. The drums at the end with the amen sound much better in the drum track as it gives the whole track more of a flow when compared to the first 32 bars, I think anyway.
    How did you embed soundcloud links btw? I seem to have endless problems with this
    Nice one

6. hannibal selector

hannibal selector Member

Strange, they are the same drums except for the first 16. Where they were just quieter during the intro. I think maybe regarding flow i need some better hihats going on. I personally like the sound of them. Though maybe just need to neaten them up a bit as there are 3 snares layered. Probs havent blended them very well.
    Soundcloud - i just pasted the link in the media code. Didnt really do anything special lol

7. hannibal selector

hannibal selector Member

The first 32 bars was just the intro part. So just used same main drums just minimalised. Think thats what you was talking about? think i need to drop the bass out a little bit as well as it seems to mess with the kicks a little. Really wish i was educated in mastering! Lol