[Liquid DnB] Through Eyes

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Rec, May 16, 2013.

1. Rec

Rec New Member

Sup! Newbie here looking for some feedback on this tune i'v been working on for a couple of weeks.
    I'll make sure to return whatever feedback given to your own stuff.

Cheers for spending precious time listening to this!

66deco99 likes this.
  2. SAM2010

SAM2010 Member

Really nice track mate!

I have two criticisms however.

First the break seems to drag a little. I think the section between 0.22 and 0.44 is unnecessary myself, others may disagree though!

And the sound quality of the track over all seems quite low/slightly distorting. Is the clip at a low sample rate?

Rec likes this.
  3. Insta Q

Insta Q New Member

Really like the song. Big up!

Rec likes this.
  4. Rec

Rec New Member

Cheers for the input!

I'v been on and off about that intro section myself.
    I was going for some sort of double buildup but it does get a tad tedious and pull the pace of the track off. I'll test taking it away!

About the quality, it should be 44,1 khz.
    I'v had some mixing issues with certain sounds clipping so just put a limiter on the master which may have caused this.
    I'll check it out more though thanks again for feedback!

5. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

Wow thats really cool i like it a lot, nice vocals, the growling bass and the ambient pads / melody really fits well together, cool breaks (i think the one that starts at 0:22 is pretty cool), drums are nice, but.... yeah the quality sounds really low i would love to hear that track with a clean, crisp sound.

Rec likes this.
  6. zikol

zikol New Member

This is really good. The quality of the track is a bit low though, is it 320kbps? Anyway I liked it! Is this your first track?

Rec likes this.
  7. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

nice vibes.

mix is very muddy, a waaay over compressed, get the compression and limiting off your master and redo the mixdown, tweek the EQ to give ur sounds a bit more space, then use gentle limiting if you need more volume

Rec likes this.
  8. Rec

Rec New Member

Cheers this is really helpful feedback. I'm very much in the learning curve of mixing and this stuff is golden! I'v had issues with the volume being too low, most likely due to my muddy mix then I assume.

Great that people enjoy it even though the quality is horrible, i'll work on getting it down clean and do a propper mixdown.
    It is my first track that i'm at least somewhat happy with and confident enough to make public. I'm not new to making music however, but dnb.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  9. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Really nice vibes man. Only real issue is the mixdown.. Did you use the Limiter in your DAW? Personally I prefer to boost in a seperate program, others don't, but I get better results when I do it separately. Would def concentrate on the mixdown before you attempt to boost

10. hughhardiemusic

hughhardiemusic Member

lots of wicked elements in here, the bass is muddying up the mix and overwhelming the drums. try cutting out any frequencies that arent essential, and make the hi's brighter on the drums. the programming of the generally very good however! Nice work

11. Rec

Rec New Member

Made a new mixdown and had it mastered! Please let me know what you think, now with clear sounds:3