Liquid dnb producers: recommend me some new vst's !!

prettyherb

O I
VIP Junglist
Hey guys!

I'm a bit tired of the vst plugins i have got at the moment: here's a short list of the things i use quite regular:

Pianissimo, massive, albino, ravity, nexus, harmless, harmor (fl standards),...

If anyone could recommend me some vst's free or not free, preferably for more deep & liquid sounds of dnb, would be nice!

Tnx!

preferably for more deep & liquid sounds of dnb

No plugs are really genre specific. It's just depends how you use them.

You can make a liquid bass or whatever using subtractive synthesis, additive, FM, whatever. It'll sound different each time, but just different, not better.

I don't know all the synths on your list, but if you haven't got an FM synth yet you should get into sytrus. It's actually really powerful. I guess you could try FM8 as an alternative, but if you've already got sytrus it's probably not worth the money.

I'd suggest rather than trying a new synth, try a new sound, go in a direction you have never been before, load up something complety random, and see where your creativity takes you...its so easy to get stuck doing the same processes over and over again, the trick is to go in a completely different direction, as far out of your comfort zone as you can manage...or load up some random samples, I mean really random, not something that screams "liquid", could be a random sound effect from a film, or a random bit of dialog, or a cat farting in a tunnel...anything at all, as long as its not something you have done before

anything can sound deep and liquid if you drench it with enough reverb and delay, and do some creative EQ :D

Depends. A lot people just sample the sounds, like strings, of even just play rhodes/keys part in.

- - - Updated - - -

If you wanna make a bass. Youve got everything you need. Massive can get some great results

Alchemy would be my recommendation to anyone that hasn't got it. Simple, yet powerful VST once you get right into it. Excellent for pads

I'm with Miszt on this one. My advice is more sampling! sample from synths you already know- you've already got a good selection there. resample, layer differant samples and waveforms, add filters and so on. Use what you have, but use it differantly.
Over the years i've aquired more soft synths than i really need, but the thing that has made music making so much more productive and interesting is learning to use samplers properly.
And the best thing is that the sounds you make can be truly yours- anyone can make a low passed liquid style reese on massive, but with some creative sampling you can be completely unique.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom