Liquid DnB Beat Help

SPRX

Hi guys , I want to write liquid dnb and I have a question for you how to make a beat of dnb using single hits?

Hi guys , I want to write liquid dnb and I have a question for you how to make a beat of dnb using single hits?

IMO, making a liquid beat with just single hits doesnt work. They need a break or loop behind them to bring everything together. If you dont wish to start with a break, i would start with something like addictive drums or superior drummer to make a simple pattern, then add in single hits over top of that. Try to find some hat or shaker loops to fill the top end in nicely.

IMO, making a liquid beat with just single hits doesnt work. They need a break or loop behind them to bring everything together. If you dont wish to start with a break, i would start with something like addictive drums or superior drummer to make a simple pattern, then add in single hits over top of that. Try to find some hat or shaker loops to fill the top end in nicely.
Well, I put the kick and snare , then what? How to put the hi-hat and percussion all?

Well, I put the kick and snare , then what? How to put the hi-hat and percussion all?
Use lots of different hi-hats and percussion samples. I usually try to avoid playing the same hi-hat twice in a row mostly (this isn't a strict rule), so you need a minimum of two cymbals to do that. I do usually use more than two though.

I usually go for slightly louder/stronger hi-hats on the eighth note beats of the bar, and slightly quieter ones on the off-beats (i.e. every other sixteenth note)
I also make a pattern and then sometimes get rid of the cymbals that are playing at the same time as the kick/snare to get a sense of cohesion between the kick/snare and the percussion.

i highly recommend you check out as many tutorials as you can. There is TONS of useful information available. Even pre-made templates for specific DAW's that you can study and reverse engineer. And if there are any parts or lingo in the tutorials you don't understand just come back here and ask away ;)

hell I'll do one better... What DAW are you running? If it's Ableton I'd be more than happy to send you a liquid dnb style tune of mine that you can fuck around with and study, etc... lemme know :2thumbs:

I think I have a few in REASON as well fyi

im gonna have to disagree with you on that. yes they add to the groove and flow but without a proper kick and snare hats mean ziltch

Yesss of course! I find that switching up the hats can make different sections/whole tunes come alive! Like a hat whacking out 8th notes versus hats going all over the place, with the same kick/snare with give a totally different feel! Definitely agree with the whole lot being important of course though!

Use lots of different hi-hats and percussion samples. I usually try to avoid playing the same hi-hat twice in a row mostly (this isn't a strict rule), so you need a minimum of two cymbals to do that. I do usually use more than two though.

I usually go for slightly louder/stronger hi-hats on the eighth note beats of the bar, and slightly quieter ones on the off-beats (i.e. every other sixteenth note)
I also make a pattern and then sometimes get rid of the cymbals that are playing at the same time as the kick/snare to get a sense of cohesion between the kick/snare and the percussion.
I have a problem with the hi-hat , I can not find the right hi-hat and the sound Do not know how to properly place the hi-hat

The kick in the snare are fucking on point it sounds like you high past the hats too much you have an EQ on them if so pull it down to about 700 Hz or so
I've got only interested in hi-hat , hi-hat , I first made of velocity and even added a hi-hat , and cloned it changed the sound and did shuffle , is it right?

Back
Top Bottom