DnB Liquid dnb bass.

SUBDRUMS

Ok there doesnt seem to be many tutorials or helpful things about creating that lovely smooth bass that a lot of liquid producers are using at the moment.

example...

Netsky - "Tomorrow's Another Day VIP"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t88RGH8MKs

or

Changing Faces & Blastikz - You Just Walk Away

http://soundcloud.com/changing_faces_dnb/changing-faces-blastikz-you

Ive tried loads of stuff... sine waves, saw waves, square waves... all EQed and changed about. Ive tried...

Im using FL and i have massive and 3xosc

Any help will be much appreciated.
Cheers :D

those are very different basses though, if you have the Danny Byrd's pack, there's a bass like that first one in the bass hits section, I believe it's number 23 or something, I'd explain how to make a bass like that but I don't have the right computer with me atm, that second one just sounds like a lowpassed reese though :)

that netsky bassline just sounds like a couple of heavily detuned sines and a square, and the cutoff is put through an lfo to give it the wobble, it also sounds like theres a sine wave thats played 7 notes higher. Ill play around on sylenth later see if i can figure it out properly.

2x sine/square intensity-W/T (1 osc up 7c between 7 - 11 oclock , Low pass filter with small LFO on filter should achieve basic sound maybe add a straight sine -12/24 for sub ?

OK, I KNOW what kind of basses you are looking for. I was looking around how to make them for ages until I finally figured it out myself SO, Read closely. Open up massive (new sound ofc).You only need osc 1 &2. Route both to filter 1. Osc 1 = square-saw 1, bend +, Pitch = -5. Wavetable, intensity and amp all the way to right. Osc 2 = square - saw 2, bend +, Pitch = -12. Wavetable all the way to left, intensity and amp all the way to right. Chuck lowpass 4 to filter 1. Put cutoff anywhere between 11 oclock and full force, what ever you like, reso all the way down. Thats pretty much the basics to it. I normally keep osc 2 and muck around with wave forms in osc 1. Also mess around with the voice tab and LFO, and make sure its monophonic! Also stay within the 4th and 5th octaves to get best results.

Back
Top Bottom