Liquid/ Dancefloor July 2010 Mix

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by SH81, Aug 2, 2010.

1. SH81

SH81 Member

Ez all, not posted up here in a while, here's a mix i did a few weeks ago, feel free to listen/ download;

http://soundcloud.com/samh/8th-july-2010-dnb-mix

Tracklist.
    1. Die & Interface- Bright Lights
    2. Total Science- Gangsta
    3. Netsky- Iron Heart
    4. Basher feat Motion- Roc ya Sole
    5. Fred V- Catch you
    6. Proktah- Daydreams VIP
    7. Mazzini- Glitterati
    8. Netsky- Secret Agent
    9. Fourward- Let Me
    10. Technicolour & Komatic- Daydreamer
    11. Fourward- Sooner or Later
    12. Level 2- Ghetto Sounds
    13. Cause & Effect- Here for You
    14. Firefox- Mayday
    15. Untitled

2. djmojo

djmojo Member

Ok, so here goes. I didn't listen to this with a fine tooth comb - but overall this was solid. Beatmatching sounded very tight and I could also hear no discernible key clashes. Songs flowed together real well. Not exactly my style, but technically this was a solid mix. I like the Ghetto Sounds tune, just used that in my latest mix. ; )

What I would improve... sound quality. Maybe it's just cause it was 128, but your bottom is not nearly heavy enough and overall the sound quality could be a little clearer. Do yo umind if I asked what you mixed it on and how you recorded it?

3. SH81

SH81 Member

It was just mixed on a pair of technics 1200s and xone 42 mixer, recorded using magix audio cleaning lab. Not sure about the sound quality, I've never noticed any issues to be fair. Could be cos it's uploaded at 128. Only other reason could be I never boost any of the eqs over 0db and maybe others do?
    Cheers for the feedback tho
    Nice 1

4. djmojo

djmojo Member

Ok man. maybe it's just the 128 then. Maybe I'm just spoiled listening to so much 320 now.

But no worries man, the most important thing is your mixing skills are quite good.