Liquid D&B - Transitions - Chris Hawker

I liked the beat; I really liked the piano breakdown. The vocal was a bit muddy, or at least, unclear. Maybe in the breakdown you could play it w/out effects or filters? I agree about the bass, though what I heard poking through was promising; maybe the bass is just a question of turning it up, or EQing, or something. Certainly, it's a good start...

good tune mate, i think criticisms would be mostly personal preference, for me the bass seems too dirty - for such a melodical tune, but i can easily imagine this coming on the radio or something

I liked the energy, and the vocals seemed to sit better this time around. The mix seemed just a bit muddy to my ears; cutting frequencies on a voice or two, between 300 and 600 Hz, often helps scoop out the mud. The drums are really well done. I would like more movement in the bass, actually—the wubbing or whatever could push into the upper frequencies just a touch more. That's more my personal taste, really. The outro was kind of abrupt.

Anyway, I did really like where you took this track.

love the jazzy rides youve got going. beat could do with a bit of variation, otherwise its sounding good. some nice progressions and the vocal sits well. good work

The bass is sounding muddy. Not bad just a little muddy. Also the vocal goes out of key every once in awhile. That is worth fixing.

Back
Top Bottom