LIQUID D&B - synthy, female vocals, deep bass

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by junglistguy2221, Aug 19, 2014.

1. junglistguy2221

junglistguy2221 Drum & Bass Producer

i made a track like this a couple of years ago for a terrible label i will not name... but anyway wanted to re-use the vocal recently and make something else with it, so finally got round to it. here's the first version. feedback please

2. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Honestly, I like everything but the vocal.

3. junglistguy2221

LOL. yeah on the cheese scale it's definitely Stilton. there's an instrumental version, but this is trying to appeal to a wider audience (probably the opposite of forum people tbh)

thanks though.

4. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

But us forum people know all and be all.

5. Von Herzog

Von Herzog Member

i like the vocals, but there is missing something... its a lil bit flat. sounds like rudimental. cool

6. junglistguy2221

true, i always post here to get feedback on the mix and sound quality etc., vocals are hard to implement sometimes, but as i said, this is more of a commercial track. i'm surprised i haven't got more heat about the ridiculous lyrics tbh! cheers for the feedback

7. Quotec

Quotec Active Member

Idea is definitely going somewhere, has some commercial flavour to it. But as mentioned above, it lacks something but most probably it´s the mixdown issue, it doesn´t sound as full and bright as commercial and professional tracks. I would add some stronger breaks/percussion to get the much needed energy + boost mid bass. Boost sub bass to -6dB, split all your basses(does it seem to me you only have the sub playing, if so it will not work too good, add a decent lowpassed reese/mid-bass to add a lot of low-end energy). Synths sound cheapish if you know what I mean, try to clean and lighten them up(maybe boosting some mid-highs) and playing around with reverb. I know 0:45 should be the main part after the drop but for me it sounds rather like intro. I am digging these vocals, cool track but needs a lot of rework.

8. junglistguy2221

Cheers, thats just the sort of detailed analysis i was after. Much appreciated