Liquid D&B feat. Aretha Franklin

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by junglistguy2221, Sep 15, 2012.

1. junglistguy2221

junglistguy2221 Drum & Bass Producer

not finished but any feedback on it would be helpful, cheers.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  2. neddez

neddez Member

sounds good

id work on the transition from intro - drop, it comes in pretty abruptly (just look at the waveform, intro is way quieter)

loving the amens as usual

and id also use the vocal less, choose the best edits and use them in effective places etc..
    also id process the vocal more, dunno what effect you're going for but id go for some stereo and a subtle reverb, its sounding a lil mono right now

im guessing this is leaning towards dancefloor-y stuff? if so, make sure everything sounds punchy as fuck in its given freq range, for example those spacey pads could do with some eq boost (id also use an exciter on them, and push the 10-15khz+ out to the sides more)

hope that makes sense

3. junglistguy2221

yeah it does. thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

4. junglistguy2221

here's an updated version if anyone has any advice

5. pattycake

pattycake Member

Great drum programming, Something sounds a bit off mix wise the vocals don't come in nicely try a few bars before the drums come in, vocals and pads alone and maybe a whoosh sound up to the drums, try some chorus on vocals maybe even duplicate the vocals and reverb/chorus them so you have a bit more width and clarity. Drums sound a bit dry at times, your not far off. Also nothing seems to poke out which can be good but also bad I would try to accentuate different elements at different stages in the song. Vocals on their own or with a background instrument pads/strings /atmospheric stuff/sweeps just so the listener gets a good feel for the words and voice. I can't help but feel you are going to have to push the vocals a lot further for it to work. I really do like the drums though.

6. junglistguy2221

cheers for complimenting the drums! took a while to get the sound i wanted. and all that feedback really helps, will take those ideas into consideration with the next mix.