Liquid D&B Effort ->Alice in Chains : Nutshell (Oria mashup)

sounds great man... intro is really smooth, sampling is done tastfully

it does sound a little muddy when the dnb beat drops but i cant tell whether its the soundcloud quality or not... maybe it could have some more punch, to me the bass seems to be dragging the impact of the beat a little, but that could just be the streaming quality..

great work all the same man really nice track.

thanks for listening. I think i understand your comment on the bass dragging, there is/was something that i couldn't quite work out in the lower freq. that doesn't gel right, i thought it was one of the bass drum beats being off. Don't think its Soundcloud as when it 'drops' it kinda just slips in rather than smashing you in the face, I think there needs to be a greater contrast to make it 'hit'. Anyway, think rather than polish a turd or i`ll curl down a new one ! lol ;)

Nice one, really nice bassline !
the drop didn't really sound muddy imo but the drums could use some more punch, maybe some compression or one or two extra breaks over them ..

Yeah nice feel on this one. The samples sound good.

That one note on the sub that keeps booming every 8 bars or whatever it is seems well strange. Not sure how you got that happening but it didn't sound right.

Nice remix.

its not bad. i'm a big AIC fan as well, good to see someone else experimenting with remixing their tunes. I've tried remixing Nothin' Song and Again, neither of them fitted properly though. but yeah your tunes good, needs some work but good start.

That is my second attempt at a full length track after starting mid-January with Ableton (the first is the 'Hear The Drummer' mash-up) so thanks for all the comments there, certainly gives some confidence to carry on messing about with samples. The bass peak shown in the wav needs some investigating but i mixed down on a cheap VoIP headset so frankly probably can't hear the the affect in my ears. I took the samples myself, even the bass tone used is from the original AiC release, had to hide the vocal samples in reverb/affect because found it hard to get them clean when dry. I have realised that there is a filter active after the first drop that was disabled after the 2nd which may be why the first 'drop' lacks some impact or vibrancy.

Back
Top Bottom