Liquid Classics Mix

Commander

VIP Junglist
Was digging through some old records and thought i would do a little liquid classics mix! Mixed using 2 Technics 1210's and a Pioneer DJM400 mixer! Hope you enjoy and feedback would be most welcome :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?t9kk2pj21564k6d

Tracklist - 20 tunes

Be true - Commix
Love & happiness - Marcus Intallex & ST Files
Universe - Marcus intallex & st files
Supergrass - Carlito & Addiction
Global love (Calibre rmx) - High contrast
The other side - Calibre & High contrast
Put that woman first (Calibre rmx) - Jaheim
Mr maverick - Calibre
Uprising VIP - A.I
Golden girl - Makoto feat MC Conrad
Drop it down - Calibre & fats
Mr majestic - Calibre & High contrast
Makes me wonder - Calibre
Highlander - Calibre
All the while - Calibre
Inner disbelief - D Bridge
Nothing better - Carlito & addiction
Second sun - Calibre
Signs (Calibre rmx) - Badmarsh & siri
Music (technicolor rmx) - LTJ Bukem

Last edited:
Thank you mate, literally been on the decks everyday for the last few weeks! Done a all vinyl darkestral mix too, will get that uploaded

starting with my favorite commix tune of all time. this is such a sad tune. love how you bring in the next one - i believe i've never heard of it. which is a shame. really nice smooth transition from one to another. so here we are, love and hapiness in the breakdown as i write this. hearing the next one coming smoothly in. but what is it? ah, another intalex tune, i don't know. such a shame.. and yet again, really smooth transition, really summery liquidy flow. "let's get down" ... wait! i know this :). okay, rollign on after the breakdown. hearing global love coming in. love how they roll together so seamlessly, it's hard to believe there's 2 tracks playing. oooh, my o-face when the other side's bass dropped. faaat! looking forward to put that woman first. haven't played this tune in ages, should make a liquid mix myself as well, haha. and here we go, those vocals declaring the arrival of the tune. man this flow is smooth. first tune after be true, i have on vinyl since the beginning of this mix.

and out of nowhere mr maverick drops with it's sick bassline. got that one on wax as well. okay, rolling on after the break. looking already for something to come in :). and uprising sneaking it's way in. maverick was cut off too suddenly tho - a bit unexpected. half way on the mix and really liking it so far. uprising is fits so perfectly on the 30-minute mark - like listening to a ltj bukem mix. tension rising in the breakdown - drop and here we go again. personally wouldn't have golden girl here, but something similar to uprising. something rougher liquid. but perhaps this is the reason why i can't make all liquid mixes, i always end up going heavyer and darker til it's nowhere liquid anymore lol.

anyways, hearing those drop it down bleeps - really fitting together with golden girl, except tiny vocal clashes, but it's these are so small, it really doesn't interfere. loved how drop it down faded into nothingness and majestic into break ready to drop. too bad i don't own this record. you bring in makes me wonder better than i expected, lifting the gears up. if there would be a dancefloor, i guess it would be packed by women by now :D very sexy mood - love these funk samples in this tune. highlander is a perfect fit to this tune as well.

inner disbelief kind of fits, kind of ... personally would've stick with the 2001-2005 liquid vibe :) nice mix there with nothing better - leaving the beautiful vocals of inner disbelief playing while carlito's tune drops. really nice mix. ooh and here comes second sun - having goose pumps when as hearing the intro. this tune doesn't need any words here. best tune on that lp. in fact i really need to get this lp - it's a must for anyone who thinks highly of calibre. this tune would've been much better one to finish this set. not that signs remix isn't a killer track, but it feels unnecessary. anyways, i'm out - was a pleasant hour full of one of the finest liquid tracks from that era. best era in liquid indeed.

lol i did not expect another one coming in - off course that new music remix by technicolour. wonder why didn't you add this to your tracklist ;) nice ending after all. :)

Last edited:
you're on fire! this was absolute vibes, one of the best mixes of this type i've ever heard without a doubt. selection is top draw, mixing style was really well considered, was one of those where i think each tune needed space to breathe and nothing felt rushed at all, you rolled out effortlessly. i'm seeking out golden girl at the next opportunity, what a tune.... need another copy of supergrass, forgotten how good that single is mine's scratched to fuck. i love how this is pretty much another best of calibre mix too :) keep it coming with these ridiculous mixes mate, i'll be first in line to listen

Woah fuzz3r! Now that's a review! Cheers man & glad you liked it! Was literally done in one take with the records lying on the bed all over the place! Much appreciated pal! My fav from the mix would be 'Golden girl'! Well today anyway!

you're on fire! this was absolute vibes, one of the best mixes of this type i've ever heard without a doubt. selection is top draw, mixing style was really well considered, was one of those where i think each tune needed space to breathe and nothing felt rushed at all, you rolled out effortlessly. i'm seeking out golden girl at the next opportunity, what a tune.... need another copy of supergrass, forgotten how good that single is mine's scratched to fuck. i love how this is pretty much another best of calibre mix too :) keep it coming with these ridiculous mixes mate, i'll be first in line to listen

Aaah! Thanks mate! Love this forum. Will get another one done. Pm me your address if you want the cd sent which is track-marked. Same for anyone on here. :)

starting with my favorite commix tune of all time. this is such a sad tune. love how you bring in the next one - i believe i've never heard of it. which is a shame. really nice smooth transition from one to another. so here we are, love and hapiness in the breakdown as i write this. hearing the next one coming smoothly in. but what is it? ah, another intalex tune, i don't know. such a shame.. and yet again, really smooth transition, really summery liquidy flow. "let's get down" ... wait! i know this :). okay, rollign on after the breakdown. hearing global love coming in. love how they roll together so seamlessly, it's hard to believe there's 2 tracks playing. oooh, my o-face when the other side's bass dropped. faaat! looking forward to put that woman first. haven't played this tune in ages, should make a liquid mix myself as well, haha. and here we go, those vocals declaring the arrival of the tune. man this flow is smooth. first tune after be true, i have on vinyl since the beginning of this mix.

and out of nowhere mr maverick drops with it's sick bassline. got that one on wax as well. okay, rolling on after the break. looking already for something to come in :). and uprising sneaking it's way in. maverick was cut off too suddenly tho - a bit unexpected. half way on the mix and really liking it so far. uprising is fits so perfectly on the 30-minute mark - like listening to a ltj bukem mix. tension rising in the breakdown - drop and here we go again. personally wouldn't have golden girl here, but something similar to uprising. something rougher liquid. but perhaps this is the reason why i can't make all liquid mixes, i always end up going heavyer and darker til it's nowhere liquid anymore lol.

anyways, hearing those drop it down bleeps - really fitting together with golden girl, except tiny vocal clashes, but it's these are so small, it really doesn't interfere. loved how drop it down faded into nothingness and majestic into break ready to drop. too bad i don't own this record. you bring in makes me wonder better than i expected, lifting the gears up. if there would be a dancefloor, i guess it would be packed by women by now :D very sexy mood - love these funk samples in this tune. highlander is a perfect fit to this tune as well.

inner disbelief kind of fits, kind of ... personally would've stick with the 2001-2005 liquid vibe :) nice mix there with nothing better - leaving the beautiful vocals of inner disbelief playing while carlito's tune drops. really nice mix. ooh and here comes second sun - having goose pumps when as hearing the intro. this tune doesn't need any words here. best tune on that lp. in fact i really need to get this lp - it's a must for anyone who thinks highly of calibre. this tune would've been much better one to finish this set. not that signs remix isn't a killer track, but it feels unnecessary. anyways, i'm out - was a pleasant hour full of one of the finest liquid tracks from that era. best era in liquid indeed.

lol i did not expect another one coming in - off course that new music remix by technicolour. wonder why didn't you add this to your tracklist ;) nice ending after all. :)

Cheers again for this detailed feedback

Listening back again and i see your point in 'Inner disabelief' as it doesn't fit the era that most of the tunes in the mix are based on, but i feel it is a timeless piece and i just had to include it in the mix! Music remix has been added to the tracklist.

Thanks again and due to this review i'm adding another mix which i did a few years back for you to enjoy :)

Going to try and download it now and will hopefully leave some proper feedback. I've got a good amount of spare time at work at the moment (might change soon though :P )

Edit - I'll try grab it later. Says it's gonna take an hour to download and will slow the internet down for everybody else here.

Going to try and download it now and will hopefully leave some proper feedback. I've got a good amount of spare time at work at the moment (might change soon though :P )

Edit - I'll try grab it later. Says it's gonna take an hour to download and will slow the internet down for everybody else here.

Thanks man, hope you like it

- - - Updated - - -

I'll have some of this Mr Commander. Will drop back with some thoughts.

Thank you sir

ok so i just got done with this. You should have named it Old School Calibration ha ha. Any way i dont usually like the same producer's played back to back. I think it's because of when there used to be only vinyly back i the day it just felt like i was cheesing the mix since most of the producers made there music on the same tempo back then. Having said that you did play 4 of my all time favorite Calibre traks( Mr. Maverick, Drop It Down, Mr. Majestik, Second Sun) so you get a pass ha ha. It was fun to hear all of the traks that i used to have on vinyl and have lost along the way. I enjoyed it...... keep 'em coming.

Cheers becks haha! I know exactly what you mean. I actually only did this mix for myself to play in the car and thought I'd upload it due to not having done any mellow mixes. Thanks for listening mate

Back
Top Bottom