DnB Liquid Bass

disrute

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
Hey all,

Ive been producing for a few months now and if theres one thing I struggle with, its basslines. I was wondering if anyone knows how to create a bass like that in Nu:Tone - Balaclava; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVJUjZmuEG0

Any information on liquid basses at all would be very helpful, thanks all :)

p.s. im looking for a collab partner, if anyones interested, check out my soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/disrute

thanks lochie/disrute :)

hmm, ive really been trying to get those smooth sounding basses, but i just cant get them sounding like those liquid basses. Ive tried with sine waves but there very quiet, even with colume boost, its not the same, those basses seem very textured, im just not sure as to how they get that smooth sound

Have a play with layering sounds in the bass. Keep the sub bass seperate and create kind of like mid basses which on their own could almost be a lead. Keep this part high passed to avoid layering any sub frequencies. Then play with the mid bass layer... distortion, chorus for that wide sound, and filters.

You dont have to change synth, I guess you're using Massive, so create one layer with sub bass, lowpass it. and find another sound with midrange bass and eq lowend off from that.

Thats just a real simple reece.

To make it, get a synth that has 3 oscillators. put all three on saw wave, then detune one up by about 6 - 12 cents, and one down by the same amount. Once done, attach a lowpass filter to it ( a 12db lowpass should suffice) and set it for about halfway. Job done.

If you have any trouble, let me know what synth you use and I'll try and explain in more detail

EDIT; ok, here we go.....

So this

Reece.jpg

sounds like this....

Last edited:
dude that was really nice :D

Edit: hey Kronix mind if i use it :D (cause im in love with it :D?) i mean with some adds ,but still?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom