House Liquatic - Hallucinations (Xiris does tribal house)

xiris

Resident Canadian
VIP Junglist

First time i'm posting any of my stuff that isn't dnb, but figured i'd share. Not sure if you guys care for tribal house or not, but i've made some.

This one started browsing for vintage vocal samples, and sort of all built up off of the "Hallucinations" clip, hence the name. Once upon a time this was at 100bpm, but i felt the whole thing just didn't move right, and made this Tribal VIP.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the tune, positive or negative. All feedback is good feedback as long as its honest!

All the best!

Not sure yet. Thinking of shopping it around tbh, just dont have the time in my life to do much more than school right now.

On that note, (i know its a dnb forum) but if you have label suggestions id love em

I left feedback:

"Hallucinations (Tribal VIP)" - Helluva an Intro!!! Love the atmosphere and the spoken word sample especially. It'd be interesting mixing into this from some Progressive Trance. 1:36 - Mmmm, that Drop is luscious. Definitely Tribal sounding with the way you did your Filter Automation on the Bass. Your Percussion is spot on! I'm wanting a Snare, but at this piont I don't care. I've got a ton of House tunes like this, deep and spacey, that don't have Snare Drums. All your Pad work is fantastic, this is X music if I've ever heard it.... it reminds me of the good old days back in the late '90s. At 3:28 I was wanting something more than the Woodblock Perc you added, I was wanting a drum roll so badly. Oh well, you kept it minimal. I'd start my Mix right at 4:00 and work that puppy for the remainder of the tune. I love it, keep jamming.

4:50 - 4:53 I'd fix that glitch on the spoken word sample if it were me.

I wish I had access to my crates, I'd let you know some labels to look at, although they might not be applicable anymore, ha. I quit buying vinyl back in '06. This is a top tune and I'm sure someone will shop it up from you at some point.

I left feedback:

"Hallucinations (Tribal VIP)" - Helluva an Intro!!! Love the atmosphere and the spoken word sample especially. It'd be interesting mixing into this from some Progressive Trance. 1:36 - Mmmm, that Drop is luscious. Definitely Tribal sounding with the way you did your Filter Automation on the Bass. Your Percussion is spot on! I'm wanting a Snare, but at this piont I don't care. I've got a ton of House tunes like this, deep and spacey, that don't have Snare Drums. All your Pad work is fantastic, this is X music if I've ever heard it.... it reminds me of the good old days back in the late '90s. At 3:28 I was wanting something more than the Woodblock Perc you added, I was wanting a drum roll so badly. Oh well, you kept it minimal. I'd start my Mix right at 4:00 and work that puppy for the remainder of the tune. I love it, keep jamming.

4:50 - 4:53 I'd fix that glitch on the spoken word sample if it were me.

I wish I had access to my crates, I'd let you know some labels to look at, although they might not be applicable anymore, ha. I quit buying vinyl back in '06. This is a top tune and I'm sure someone will shop it up from you at some point.
wow i didn't even clue in that it was a glitch in the export, i always just thought it was SoundCloud messing up the playback. gonna go check my original master of this now, thank you for bringing it up. and thank you for your feedback! very appreciated!

wow i didn't even clue in that it was a glitch in the export, i always just thought it was SoundCloud messing up the playback. gonna go check my original master of this now, thank you for bringing it up. and thank you for your feedback! very appreciated!

You're welcome.

Super dark and spooky atmosphere. I love it. The mix sounds clean as all hell. I love all the fx bouncing around the mix. Really well done xiris.

Back
Top Bottom