linkZ - Drop $ells / Show Me Love

First track has some nice ideas and good mixing. I just think it's kind of uhh.. not very pleasant to listen to.

The second track is at least more coherent.

Both tracks are fairly "neutral", emotionless and grey. I bump into these qualities often when listening to minimal techno or so.

Last edited:
You don't have to give it color. For instance I personally feel that Clark - Clark (2014) was a fairly colorless album. I don't mean that it was bad, it's just a style it used. Even the album art was colorless, which suits well with the music in it.

I dislike the style of basses that you create, sorry... but the second track has a nice intro section is a bit more coherent

Got to agree with what people have been saying. The basses are the sort that when you make them they sound good on their own, but are hard to fit in with a track. Mix wise, they overpower the drums and stand out a little too much. Try removing some high and low end, and make the basses patches a little less abrasive and much more subtle!

really nice, like the first track a lot, cool chill groove, the creeping bass is cool it be cool to get a bet more of that it was a bit quiet and couldn't tell if i heard it anywhere else. the main bass what ever it is, is quite enjoyable. don't take it negative in any way, but its really weird. I'm a fan of weird. is it something vocoded? if so how do you go about it. if not big ups all the same. Drums kick real nice in the second one. again cool creeping bass.
here is my latest coming out for free very soon! any feed back welcome as i will be doing one more "master" before it gets released
[soundcloud.com]

Got to agree with what people have been saying. The basses are the sort that when you make them they sound good on their own, but are hard to fit in with a track. Mix wise, they overpower the drums and stand out a little too much. Try removing some high and low end, and make the basses patches a little less abrasive and much more subtle!
You got me thinking forward!

Back
Top Bottom