Linguist - Stereospace

I don't know where to begin... It's way too crowded, everything is drowned out by each other. There are good elements in there but you need to work on giving everything space in the mix and giving the song more drive without bashing people over the head with a bunch of semi-coherent sequences.

I don't know where to begin... It's way too crowded, everything is drowned out by each other. There are good elements in there but you need to work on giving everything space in the mix and giving the song more drive without bashing people over the head with a bunch of semi-coherent sequences.

Yeah, I was trying to go for a bigger sound, rather than the whole minimal thing, the mixdown could use a bit of work though, especially at the end. I might go back and EQ things some more.

why not choose a fatter, punchier snaresound if you are going for a big sound?

There are some pretty nice ideas in it to my mind. But why is the track so long?

why not choose a fatter, punchier snaresound if you are going for a big sound?

There are some pretty nice ideas in it to my mind. But why is the track so long?
Yeah, i was considering maybe layering another snare with the one I have, was thinking it might make it a bit muddy though. Might give it a try now.
Yeah the length also occurred to me - thanks for sticking with it to the end! Might make the breakdown a bit shorter

Edit:

Layered another snare with a bit of low end, dialed a couple of elements back slightly and tried to clean up the mix a bit:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom