Linguist - Long Distance (liquid-ish)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Linguist, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Linguist

Linguist Member

First post on here so hope you like it. Any constructive feedback would be appreciated, especially regarding mixdown and the more technical side of things

Feel free to check out or comment on anything else on my soundcloud as well

Cheers

2. kdk

kdk Member

I liked the building up of the drums in the beginning. I like the hook starting to come out at :55. I'm feeling the riser should maybe be a lower pitch, but that's just my personal nitpick. The drop at 1:40 was good. By 2:26 it's progressing nicely. Really like the sub. Breakdown at 3:08ish... very nice echos of the mellow start. I kinda feel the 2nd drop should hit harder than it does, but I could just be misinterpreting the genre. The strings are nice. I didn't seem to notice them earlier; they have very nice progressions. I do feel the outro could have more going on than just a simple fade out.

The whole thing is very well-polished; maybe some more veteran posters can find more things to fix. I myself enjoyed it.

3. Linguist

Linguist Member

Thanks for the response. I see what you mean about the second drop, maybe if i filter the pads out just before for a split second of silence and hit with a cymbal on the one or something it might impact a bit better

4. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

You lack in the sub bass region and your mid bass clashes with some of your bleeps on top. The track is nice all around and I do like it. It is very pretty.

5. nusphere

nusphere Member

A high pass sweep on the bass from say 3.02 to 3.08 would work well rather than simply cutting the bass. Also some kinda lead-in to the reintroduction of the beat at 3.50 would be good, i.e. a reverse crash a little drum roll or something like that.