LIMITERS

Oly

I'm looking for an outboard limiter for getting that nasty abused dnb sound for my beats. Does anyone know a good one to get?
I'm looking at getting: Behringer Composer Pro 2, Drawmer DL221, or Alesis micro limiter.

thanks peeps

if your budget can stretch, a good valve compressor will give you that nasty abused sound you want - but those things can be well expensive.

Im not to familiar with the alesis limiter..... but personally i'd stay away from Behringer gear specially low end behringer gear. The thing with compression is you have to spend money to make it worthwhile... otherwise it's just better to do it in software. But check the FMR Audio RNC compressor (Really Nice Compressor), it'll cost you about £180 but it's just as good as a high end compressor 5 or 6 times more expensive :love:

yeah cheers affliction the FMR Audio RNC compressor seems like quite a good one, i had my eye on it a couple of years ago but totally forgot about it!
I do use alot of plug-ins and i'm not really a hardware purist to be honest-but sometimes it's just nice to add somthing a bit analouge to your beats i find other-wise they can sound a bit digital-dead :thumbsd:

i got the TLA fatman valve comp for under 200 sqids..and never looked back-i run all my sounds thru it,then sequence the audio....valve sound baby!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Originally posted by GorDo
Affliction said:

Not entirely true..check TL's Fat boy. No more than 200 quid, and even Fat Boy Slim use it....

That's Ok if you want to sound like a bag of steaming yams (just like fatboy)

Never heard it of course, just a nice bit of blind ugly abuse towards old fatshit

Back
Top Bottom