"likes" instead of "thanks"

fuuz3r

junglist
VIP Junglist
how about changing the "thanks" button to a "like". thanks is sometimes just awkward, because usually people just like the post and they're not really thanking the poster for the post. like for instance when someone says something informative ala "stick that cable in there" and the one who finds it informative will press the thanks button. in this situation it applies really well, but not if someone just says something funny - thanking for it sounds silly.

i mean you get it, like facebook. so what do you say?

0365066_13327_MC_UTx360.jpg

also i think the rep system and this are kind of clashing. don't really get why there's a need for both.
also, this "ignore user" is hurting my eyes. could you change it to a button or something prettier?

Last edited:
not a bad suggestion, i mean semanthically it works in many cases, but not drastically more than "thanks". of course functionally it doesnt matter at all. "like" also has its limitations, semanthically, remember that bit about bacefook status "my grandmother died" and some old classmate you found on there clicks "like". fromm family guy somewhere or other. anyway, office space, rad reference, remember when they go destroy that..,. fax? was it? or tape cassette? i feels like its a reference to an 80s gangsta flick or something, but far as i know, its not! thats quite an accomplishment. also i fking HATE lumnbaugh haha

Likes/Thanks
Likes is a facebook thing and we like to be different from facebook. Thanking people is polite. If you like something just click thanks to thank the user for the post that you like. If someone says something funny you can thank them for saying something funny. If someone gives you some good advice you can thank them for giving you good advice.

Positive reputation works hand in hand with the thank button. If you click the thank button it gives a person a small piece of positive rep. If you give them positive reputation it gives them a large bit of reputation (based on your rep power) and the ability to write a short message to the user. Negative reputation is good because it separates out the people who are just on here to troll and cause trouble.

Ignore User
Ignore user was placed upfront because a lot of people don't know how to use it. I will try and code it into the bottom of a post!

Just think of it as "Thanks (for being awesome/funny/sexy/all of the above)"

I don't like the new position of the ignore button

i do! first time i'd spotted the function, and used it twice the first day lol - although i'd rather not have to see any refrence to the ppl postin, instead of seein a blanked out post

New ignore button position is next to all the other options for a post. Makes a bit more sense to have it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom