Lighter - Remix ID

Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
Right Ive got a Lighter remix on both an old Ned Ryder tape and an old Roni Size tape (both tapes from '96).

The piano intro has been chopped up, to sound more like Fur Elysse, although its still in the same key as the original Love Story melody (if that makes sense?). When it drops, the bassline sounds similar to Hypes 'Peace, Love & Unity'. *see edit*

Im guessing this could be a VIP only thing, because Ive probably heard this remix less than any of the others, and no one I know seems to know who's remix it is!

Anyone help?

***edit***

Sorry, it sounds like 'We Must Unite', not 'Peace Love & Unity'!

Last edited:
Mulla said:
Right Ive got a Lighter remix on both an old Ned Ryder tape and an old Roni Size tape (both tapes from '96).

The piano intro has been chopped up, to sound more like Fur Elysse, although its still in the same key as the original Love Story melody (if that makes sense?). When it drops, the bassline sounds similar to Hypes 'Peace, Love & Unity'.

Im guessing this could be a VIP only thing, because Ive probably heard this remix less than any of the others, and no one I know seems to know who's remix it is!

Anyone help?

there is a SS VIP on the flip to the twisted mix, i think that's the 96 remix or something, not sure

Frantik_2003 said:
there is a SS VIP on the flip to the twisted mix, i think that's the 96 remix or something, not sure

Nah thats the '99 mix mate. This is a proper jungle remix from '95/'96.

i saw on chemical records there was a twisted individual with an ss remix on the flip.. prolly more likely to be the ss remix (and no, it wasnt the 2003 VIP)
sorry, just checked and the TI one was done in 99 and the SS one was done in 01.. sorry

Last edited:
CoB said:
i saw on chemical records there was a twisted individual with an ss remix on the flip.. prolly more likely to be the ss remix (and no, it wasnt the 2003 VIP)
sorry, just checked and the TI one was done in 99 and the SS one was done in 01.. sorry

No, as I said before, its not SS's '99 mix.

And again no, SS's was '99 and Twisted's was '01.

Matt? You know the mix Im talkin about?

theres a obv a few u know of, but i will list all i know even tho i know a few of these arent the one ur looking for

ORIGINAL
MIX 2
DJ FRIENDLY
ROLLERS REMIX
V.I.P
SS 99 MIX
TWISTED INDIVIDUAL REMIX
2003 RMX

i think it is likely to be dj freindly or rollers, as far as i know they came on the same vinyl

I think the mix you're looking for is the Tango VIP mix off the Highly Recomended album on Formation. The piano line sounds a lot different from the original but it's still a cool track.

DJ Fatal said:
ORIGINAL
MIX 2
DJ FRIENDLY
ROLLERS REMIX
V.I.P
SS 99 MIX
TWISTED INDIVIDUAL REMIX
2003 RMX

Well its not the original, or the mix on the flip of the original. Its not the Dj Friendly or the Rollers remix. I think its gotta be the Ratty remix. Does anyone have any audio?

Mulla said:
Well its not the original, or the mix on the flip of the original. Its not the Dj Friendly or the Rollers remix. I think its gotta be the Ratty remix. Does anyone have any audio?
you could try the formation site.

Uploaded for M-Code :kermit:

Attachments

• lighter vip clip.rm
    448.5 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom