Lighter Drum and Bass (1st attempt)

FoundingFather

Hey guys,

I just started production a few weeks ago, and here is my work in progress. Im still learning Logic, but I am beginning to get a grasp of it. Please leave any comments/constructive criticism, as any input would be greatly appreciated.

---------------------------------------EDIT---------------------------------------

Here is the latest update. Here is the first break down I have ever done,and I need to work on switching up the variation with the drum pattern.The next thing I am going to work on is the second drop, switching up the bass and putting some different sounds on top. Let me know what you guys think.

http://soundcloud.com/foundingfather/lighter-dnb-3rd-draft

Last edited:
good effort but neomind has hit nail on the head, drums need more prominence and weight and really need to be central to the track in my opinion so the mixdown needs some work, like the deep bass, pads are pretty cool.

The second breakdown is coming together, but I think I need to find some cleaner drums. Does anyone have any recommendation of good sample packs or other sources to get full sounding drums?

Back
Top Bottom