Light Effects

Radius

Full Spectrum Selection
VIP Junglist
I have started using DMX , and bought some cheap lights. Its a lot of fun, but it seem sthere are very little difference between each kind of light :-

Strobe, Moving head ( with/without GOBO) ,Moonflower, wash,derby,lazer. Let me know if you know of any others, as I am always on the lookout..the old 60's oil and water projectors are really cool.

Of course you need a decent smoke machine or 2... I got a shitty little 500w one for £30 ...don't bother...get a proper one or its just embarrassing :teeth:

I looked into lazers, and in fact in UK anything above 0.5 watt is classed as a Class 4 Laser,capable of burning skin and fabric.... so you need to go on a training course if yo think you or a mate is going to operate one at a venue. You can get 3d animation lasers at 0.5W which are classed as Class 3 ( you still cannot scan the crowd though,they need an emergency off, cannot stop in one place for more than a millisecond, and must be at least 3m above head height) why ? cos a laser is focused even further by your eye, and its already at 1w , 152 times brighter than the sun if you look at it directly.

Animation lasers are well cool, but you will need to use ILDA instead of DMX to control them, and the software is around £280 ( but if anyone ahem.....)

So why have your own lights as a promoter ? I guess to control the production of your night for one, and also cos once yo. u know DMX you can control another venue's light rig, and program it to do what you wanted...but usually they are pants...

All you need for a small rig is a moonflower, a strobe, and a wash..maybe a uv can...and a controller...( yo can pick one of them up on ebay for 30quid no worries)

Anyone else gotexpeireince with lighst and lasers ? Any advice ?

Im looking at a course for laser operation : https://lvroptical.com/contact.php

certainly in time going to go for it, as yo ucn ain fact slave 2 or more units , and then the effect is amazing....and imagine being able to write "CUNT" in laser on a venue wall ,

Back
Top Bottom