Licensing of drum&bass

Quotec

Yo hello!

No idea if this is the right place for this thread but lets hope so. My concern is related to licensing of drum&bass tracks. I am planning to launch an internet radio station playing mainly drum&bass(all sorts of it, I mean liquid, neuro, mainstream, experimental, jungle etc.) and as I want to keep stuff legit I need to get those tracks licensed. Now with usual radio content its fairly easy as there are few licensing organisations out there that cover wide variety of mainstream radio music(i.e BMI). After few long hours of research I am still baffled by who and how is licensing drum&bass? If there's anybody competent to help me with an issue I would very much appreciate it!

Edit: I want to play new and some old dnb tracks from the likes of Gridlok, InsideInfo etc.

Thanks for quick responses! Forgot to add I am non-UK resident and thus not sure if these licenses will apply to me.

Fair enough :fpalm:

Estonia it is

Seems like PRS and PPL applies to Estonia too, need to research some more
The one thing I don't quite understand about those is whether by issuing annual blanket license will grant me opportunity to play whatever I want or my selection is still restricted to their repertoire databases(which frankly would suck balls)

http://www.eau.org/

The one thing I don't quite understand about those is whether by issuing annual blanket license will grant me opportunity to play whatever I want or my selection is still restricted to their repertoire databases(which frankly would suck balls)

Those "societies" are meant to be highly intransparent.

Where I live, once you signed a contract, you can play whatever the fcuk you want.

Back
Top Bottom