Letting two tunes by the same producer roll in the mix

thumpah

Whats your opinion on this? personally i just cant do it but i have herd some djs mix that way throughout there sets.

Last edited:
yeah theres not much wrong with that imo, depending on the tunes themselves!
if the've got the same drums on each track then its gonna flange and most likely sound shite.
wouldn't like to do it to much but the occasional mix is alright.
annoys me when some djs play their own tunes one after the other after the other after the other, but its promotion at the end of the day. if id made several decent tunes i probably would 2!

got no problem doing this. don't see the big deal at all...

yeah exactly. i think you're gonna find as well that some of the best rolling mixes you're gonna get are from two tracks by the same producer, i think that's just common sense. for instance, try this little experiment... take two break tunes out of your box and roll 'em. i garuntee you won't be dissapointed with the results, i do it all the time.

i can't do it! makes me feel like im cheating or some shit because more often than most, tunes by the same producer work perfectly together, i prefer to be adventurous etc

it is rather petty though i guess :lol:

yeah exactly. i think you're gonna find as well that some of the best rolling mixes you're gonna get are from two tracks by the same producer, i think that's just common sense. for instance, try this little experiment... take two break tunes out of your box and roll 'em. i garuntee you won't be dissapointed with the results, i do it all the time.

was just about to say...
The day i got the Symmetry EP I was doing this all day, and I still enjoy doing it now. It's a shame All Around is on the back of Hooked up, I'd like to mix them quite a bit

was just about to say...
The day i got the Symmetry EP I was doing this all day, and I still enjoy doing it now. It's a shame All Around is on the back of Hooked up, I'd like to mix them quite a bit

buy another copy!! u know ur gonna rinse one of them to death! such a brillaint album!

buy another copy!! u know ur gonna rinse one of them to death! such a brillaint album!

Not a bad idea at all!
However I'm unemployed and still don't have;
Melanie
Solitary Native
Blood Rain

Trying to get some money together for these and a few more at the moment!

i can't do it! makes me feel like im cheating or some shit because more often than most, tunes by the same producer work perfectly together, i prefer to be adventurous etc

it is rather petty though i guess :lol:

that kinda sums of what i feel especially cos most producers use pretty much the same drums and similar sounding baselines you sometimes can use two tunes to create a new track which quite often than not sounds good.

that kinda sums of what i feel especially cos most producers use pretty much the same drums and similar sounding baselines you sometimes can use two tunes to create a new track which quite often than not sounds good.

well, jump up producers and tech producers do, but liquid and ice step and other producers who flirt in the less dancefloor side of dnb definatley don't

You sure can, as Break himself showed us
No Destiny + Ringing Ears = Destiny Comes Ringin

ah, what a guy

When i had my decks and tunes i used to start Shy FX-The Message and Shy's Chopper Remix both at the same time and used to just roll it out for 2/3 minutes.

The tunes are near enough the same except for the bassline and various other samples but it does sound good, especially when they both drop at the same time.

yeah man i've had a strictly break an icicle mix many times, usually some of the best i've done to be honest

yeah, you know's it clart features.

don'tget much more pleasurable than an all break mix to be honest. ROOOLLLLIINNNNNNNN'

yeh an hour of Break b2b Break b2b Break b2b Break

it dont get much better than that for rollers

Back
Top Bottom