Let's talk about dnb baby

Oh Christ now we've got these 2 going at it. Liquicity Vs Skankandbass
Liquid dnb sucks so much. It tries hard to be atmospheric and quiet, but sounds stale and formulaic.

Same old boom-cha boom cha with a background bassline, weird effects here and there and you've got a "sick rolling choon"

Does everything have to have a crazy insane breakdown? No, but liquid is making itself seem calm and refined when it just sounds like hipster shit

Liquid dnb sucks so much. It tries hard to be atmospheric and quiet, but sounds stale and formulaic.

Same old boom-cha boom cha with a background bassline, weird effects here and there and you've got a "sick rolling choon"

Does everything have to have a crazy insane breakdown? No, but liquid is making itself seem calm and refined when it just sounds like hipster shit

Hipster-Meme-05.jpg

:teeth:

why the hell would you do that? if you're so keen on a picture of me, why isn't your profile a picture of yourself?

1. I am the white one in my pic so tread lightly.
2. Before you go and bash a whole sub genre in a thread that has nothing related to the OP you need to post a pic to gain credibility and to make sure that you are not this guy...

harry.jpg

3. I have posted pics in that thread so I can say I don't like a sub genre and it will be tolerated. For instance I am not a big jump up fan but instead of posting it I just let Deegs and Large Marge have their fun in their jump up thread!

Thanks
XOXOXOXOXO

Last edited:
To repeat what @Jwood27 requested earlier from you since you haven't done so yet:

Please provide an example of whatever it is you classify as liquid along with something you really enjoy

There is some good liquid that achieves what its aiming for but most of it doesn't. It the annoying female vocals that take a page from progressive house/everything on Revealed Recordings is probably the worst part, mostly because the lyrics are disposable and add nothing. Here are some of my tracks. I've been listening to a lot of drum n bass lately so some are slipping my mind

Good stuff

Renegade - The Terrorist
Dillinja - Grimey
Koan Sound - Strike
Noisia - The Tide
Black Sun Empire - Breach
DJ Zinc - Super Sharp Shooter
Ed Rush and Optical - Wormhole, Dozer, Alien Girl
Phace and Noisia - Drawback

Shit
Anything by Fred V and Grafix
Brookes Brothers - Good To Me
Maduk - Got Me Feeling
Anything on Liquicity

1. I am the white one in my pic so tread lightly.
2. Before you go and bash a whole sub genre in a thread that has nothing related to the OP you need to post a pic to gain credibility and to make sure that you are not this guy...

View attachment 6094

3. I have posted pics in that thread so I can say I don't like a sub genre and it will be tolerated. For instance I am not a big jump up fan but instead of posting it I just let Deegs and Large Marge have their fun in their jump up thread!

Thanks
XOXOXOXOXO
by the way, what i'm posting IS relevant to the OP, i'm discussing that the popularity of liquid is annoying and made multiple posts beforehand about what i like and don't like about drum n bass so far. you've asked me to post a picture of myself, which i'm not required to do at all. if it makes you feel any better, im in high school so me looking like zedd is out of the question. i would much rather listen to badly mixed jump up, at least it knows its fun and doesnt act like its such a refined music genre when really its pretentious, commercial, easily digestible bullshit

XOXOXOXO ily bby <3

you're from US and therefore your opinion doesn't count.

you're from US and therefore your opinion doesn't count.
I'm from the US and my opinion counts here.? However, I do fourmulate my arguments in matter that is not akin to being retarded.
For example, in response to all "liquid" tunes having the same boom cha..boom cha I would say listen to this track.

If you can find the stereotypical boom cha boom cha you just found a leprechaun, and the pot of gold is yours.
Also, ask the makers of that song what they think about sub genres of dnb. But if you get called seriously autistic, don't say I did not warn you.

Last edited:
Shit
Anything by Fred V and Grafix
Brookes Brothers - Good To Me
Maduk - Got Me Feeling
Anything on Liquicity

See, most people on here will agree that that stuff is shit. But then most people on here will tell you that your list is not real liquid.

Listen to Calibre, Tokyo Prose, Boston, Ivy Lab, etc. That's real liquid.

What you've listed is more pop music than anything else. It's what douchey teenagers on Liquicity call Liquid (but they're wrong).

See, most people on here will agree that that stuff is shit. But then most people on here will tell you that your list is not real liquid.

Listen to Calibre, Tokyo Prose, Boston, Ivy Lab, etc. That's real liquid.

What you've listed is more pop music than anything else. It's what douchey teenagers on Liquicity call Liquid (but they're wrong).
Good point, but isn't just all dnb?

Back
Top Bottom