Let's talk about dnb baby

artworks-000044823892-fjys3u-t500x500.jpg

It took you 3 days to derail a thread with a memes. You guys are slacking.

I'm happy with where dnb is at the monent, where it's been and where it's going. I think people are slowly starting to realise that they should make what they like, not what they think people want to hear. Om Unit done it with his chicago footwork jungle business, the Diffrent boys have been doing it for a while with their wonky beats, Perez does his own thing, Ivy Lab and Noisia with their halftime glitchy syncopated stuff.

"Make your own music. If you like it, chances are other people will too"

There's currently something for everyone, including RAM's new (shit) direction, Sigma & Wilkinson's dnb cheese. Whilst I'm not a fan of most of it, I think it's outstanding that dnb is reaching everywhere from the underground to the overground and everywhere in-between. I think the phrase "No-one dislikes dnb, they just haven't heard the right kind yet" holds true now so more than ever.

I think the phrase "No-one dislikes dnb, they just haven't heard the right kind yet" holds true now so more than ever.

this isn't exclusive to d&b. I'm sure you'd find something you like in any genre of music.

this isn't exclusive to d&b. I'm sure you'd find something you like in any genre of music.
Tis true!

I love D&B but I love so many other genres of music. I've started to find myself liking stuff I would never have done 10-15 years ago. Musical taste, much like many tastes definitely matures!

This is why I always say I like D&B rather than, I like 'last weeks post traumatic 4/4 quad copter door step'.

People who like rock music don't like it all but if you ask them what they're into they'll most likely say Rock. Same goes for Hip Hop, House, everything else!

Can we not set a rule that auto closes any thread containing the words 'Drum' 'Bass' 'Discuss'........ :2thumbs:
what if I want to discuss these guys
http://rolldabeats.com/artist/drum_and_bass/tracks :)

agree with you about break tbh... guess there are a few artists making straight up dnb that doesn't really fall into any sub genre. so confusing, need to christen it 'dnb-step' so it can be put in a box

btw wish hazard had made a few more tunes like proteus, that was deep tune

So who would you guys rather fuck. Hilary Clinton or Margaret Thatcher?

Back
Top Bottom