Lets hear your dj setup!

djSTRETCHdnb

I love hearing what other people use and like. I'd like to know everything you use down to the cartridges on your vinyl decks to the speakers and everything in between.

2x technics 1200 with all lights/strobe replaced with ice blue leds
shure m44-7 cartridges/stylus
2x pioneer cdj 800
stanton m.304 mixer
technics 1210 headphones
technics graphic equalizer
gemini pre amp
2x jbl prx-712 speakers with hd audio cables
3x full file crates of vinyl
3x cd books

i'm excited to hear your replies...

DankerThanDanson

Retired pitcher
VIP Junglist
Just getting started as of last month with DJing vinyl. I bought 2 Audio Technica AT-PL120 Direct Drive Turntables. I'm looking at a Behringer mixer and will most likely pull the trigger on two KRK5's.

I just bought a few parcels of records on their way from overseas. Shaping up to be a good September. (yn)

djSTRETCHdnb

Just getting started as of last month with DJing vinyl. I bought 2 Audio Technica AT-PL120 Direct Drive Turntables. I'm looking at a Behringer mixer and will most likely pull the trigger on two KRK5's.

I just bought a few parcels of records on their way from overseas. Shaping up to be a good September. (yn)
lucky guy. i remember the days of ordering vinyl from dancerecords.com and htfr.com vinyl is expensive! its not like burning a cd for free, but they both have their positives and negatives. i'll always love vinyl - it seems more real than cd/digital.
i'm also looking at a behringer mixer, but what i really want is a pioneer! they are basically the same thing though, i suppose your paying for the name and a few extra features. its actually been a while since i've looked at dj gear, i'll head to a search engine now and look at what you're representing.
i wish you the best of septembers!

djSTRETCHdnb

Traktor Kontrol S2
7year old PC
ATHM50
that fricking face... HAHAHAHAHAHA fuck sakes thats not you is it? lol
i looked those AT headphones up, wow are they ever beautiful! how much were yours? how do you like traktor? i use to know a guy who messed with it a bit i never liked it, he was just mixing on screen - no controllers. Yours look very nice. they don't look cheap and chinsy at all.

DankerThanDanson

Retired pitcher
VIP Junglist
Yeah, I'm looking forward to that moment when I get a package with a European return address :). I found someone online selling a dnb collection and I purchased about 25 records from him. I got some old noisia, spectrasoul, survival, matrix, s.p.y, icicle, teebee, and a few others on the way. pretty stoked to hear those on my new system.

I'm thinking for what I want to do, an average Behringer DJ mixer will be sufficient. However, I'm not going to skimp on the speakers. Definitely not opposed to spending the long dollar on speakers. :). Thanks for the uplifting post!

djSTRETCHdnb

Pioneer DDJ SX2, MacBook Pro, Sennheiser HD 25s :p
dude that ddj sx2 is HOT. holy cow i'd love to try one of those. are those sampler buttons those squares? fricking awesome man, its the 4 channel so you can plug in two+ more audio sources? totally sick.
the ol' mac book pro, silver? Those sennheisers i know ive seen andy c wearing, nice!

djSTRETCHdnb

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that moment when I get a package with a European return address :). I found someone online selling a dnb collection and I purchased about 25 records from him. I got some old noisia, spectrasoul, survival, matrix, s.p.y, icicle, teebee, and a few others on the way. pretty stoked to hear those on my new system.

I'm thinking for what I want to do, an average Behringer DJ mixer will be sufficient. However, I'm not going to skimp on the speakers. Definitely not opposed to spending the long dollar on speakers. :). Thanks for the uplifting post!
what noisia, icicle and teebee tracks? LOL the long dollar. i wish i had some of them!

Bochre

that fricking face... HAHAHAHAHAHA fuck sakes thats not you is it? lol
i looked those AT headphones up, wow are they ever beautiful! how much were yours? how do you like traktor? i use to know a guy who messed with it a bit i never liked it, he was just mixing on screen - no controllers. Yours look very nice. they don't look cheap and chinsy at all.

Theyre good dude, they double up as monitors for producing.Not expensive 120 sheet off the top of my head?

Good program loads of messing involved but i havent been djing long so loads to learn. The controller feels solid and im a hashy guy so yeah loving it.

I was going to fire it up, but im too wasted ahaha

Last edited:

DankerThanDanson

Retired pitcher
VIP Junglist
what noisia, icicle and teebee tracks? LOL the long dollar. i wish i had some of them!

Teebee - FiringLine / Sunday Sessions
Teebee - Don’t Lie to Me / Postmodern
Teebee - Human Reptile (Rmx) / Black Mind
Teebee - Let Go / Deception

Noisia - Hubcap / Backdraft
Noisia & Phace - Floating Zero (Invisible 001 EP)
Noisia & Calyx & Teebee / Noisia & Evol Intent - Hyenas / The Liquid

Phace & Misanthrop / Phace & Noisia - Mammoth / Sore Point

Icicle - Spartan / Hang on
Icicle - Breathing Again / Redemption
Icicle - Infectious Funk (Shogun Assassins vol 4)
Icicle - Nowhere (Invisible 001 EP)

Bochre

too wasted lol. so whos this face in your avatar? The double up as monitors huh must be nice audio quality then!

Its my inspiration for this moniker...

I researched them based on their performance as production moniters / price... very flat btw and you can fire those SRH840 memory foam cushions on them.

djSTRETCHdnb

Teebee - FiringLine / Sunday Sessions
Teebee - Don’t Lie to Me / Postmodern
Teebee - Human Reptile (Rmx) / Black Mind
Teebee - Let Go / Deception

Noisia - Hubcap / Backdraft
Noisia & Phace - Floating Zero (Invisible 001 EP)
Noisia & Calyx & Teebee / Noisia & Evol Intent - Hyenas / The Liquid

Phace & Misanthrop / Phace & Noisia - Mammoth / Sore Point

Icicle - Spartan / Hang on
Icicle - Breathing Again / Redemption
Icicle - Infectious Funk (Shogun Assassins vol 4)
Icicle - Nowhere (Invisible 001 EP)
i've got hubcap/backdraft - not bad i like noisia. i think i have hyenas too. I love icicle but don't know any of those by name atleast same goes for teebee, id have to hear them. those other artists i have heard of but are completely unfamiliar with unless i hear them.
ok since were talking about tracks, what sound do you like the most, producer wise. For me i LOVE jump up. like heist, original sin, hazard, zen, g-dub, taxman etc. but in no way would i limit myself to just that specific genre. But if i had to pick one to define me, jump up til i die!

DankerThanDanson

Retired pitcher
VIP Junglist
i've got hubcap/backdraft - not bad i like noisia. i think i have hyenas too. I love icicle but don't know any of those by name atleast same goes for teebee, id have to hear them. those other artists i have heard of but are completely unfamiliar with unless i hear them.
ok since were talking about tracks, what sound do you like the most, producer wise. For me i LOVE jump up. like heist, original sin, hazard, zen, g-dub, taxman etc. but in no way would i limit myself to just that specific genre. But if i had to pick one to define me, jump up til i die!

Depends on my mood but, to name my #1 producer right now, probably S.P.Y. I like his big whooshing bass. I love Nu:Tone and Logistics both independently and as Nu:Logic. Love Survival. Love Teebee. Love Alix Perez. Love Skeptical.

My favorite producer by virtue of intriguing drums is Calibre. I'd probably say I lean liquid funk but, get down with other styles.

djSTRETCHdnb

Its my inspiration for this moniker...

I researched them based on their performance as production moniters / price... very flat btw and you can fire those SRH840 memory foam cushions on them.
memory foam? wow you're living the high life man. i'm jealous! i just replaced my SHREDDED right ear cup foam, it looked like a flower blossom!

Bochre

Probably the opposite end of the spectrum for me aritist like Kid Drama if i want some analog sounds and maybe Spirit if i wanna hear some jungle.

djSTRETCHdnb

Depends on my mood but, to name my #1 producer right now, probably S.P.Y. I like his big whooshing bass. I love Nu:Tone and Logistics both independently and as Nu:Logic. Love Survival. Love Teebee. Love Alix Perez. Love Skeptical.

My favorite producer by virtue of intriguing drums is Calibre. I'd probably say I lean liquid funk but, get down with other styles.
liquid funk, i can roll with that. Being out of the game for a while i haven't kept up on artists/producers. Nu:tone and Logistics teamed up ehy? thats awesome. I've got a nu:tone vinyl... breathless/feel it. S.p.y. i'll have to youtube that right now. i'm ALWAYS on the hunt for sick tracks. i haven't heard of skeptical or survival, i'll look them up too.
i like your screen name too, fucking danzig.. lol

DankerThanDanson

Retired pitcher
VIP Junglist
liquid funk, i can roll with that. Being out of the game for a while i haven't kept up on artists/producers. Nu:tone and Logistics teamed up ehy? thats awesome. I've got a nu:tone vinyl... breathless/feel it. S.p.y. i'll have to youtube that right now. i'm ALWAYS on the hunt for sick tracks. i haven't heard of skeptical or survival, i'll look them up too.
i like your screen name too, fucking danzig.. lol

Haha, thanks.

Yeah, I've been loving S.P.Y's output lately..

check out this:

https://www.discogs.com/SPY-Alone-In-The-Dark-EP-2/release/10703223

Top Bottom