lets hear your dj horror stories...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by richie_stix, Feb 1, 2010.

1. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

well, at the weekend it was my birth-dizzle, and i got immensly wankered and tried to mix... this is the second time in my life i have had to be forcibly ejected from the decks for being tooooo hammered! luckily both times were parties rather than clubs, but trust me, i will never live them down... they will follow me around like a bad smell for fucking years!

so tell me yours!

and if somesmart arse says 'i saw dj hazrd play. tryue story or something', then i wont be impressed!

2. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

got arrested for disturbing the peace. spent night in jail, stole cellmates socks and breakfast

3. jayded

jayded jjjJayded

Needle broke and didnt have a spare :/ had a set all planned for 2 TT's and 1 CD but was reduced to about a third of my set... still, everyone enjoyed it...and got a possible booking from it too :D

4. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

andy c touched me when i was not yet matured

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  5. jayded

jayded jjjJayded

o_O

6. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

I haven't had anything go badly wrong in a club touch wood. One place the amp kept over heating and the music would cut out, so they put a floor standing fan by it and everything was all good for a bit... suddenly it went off again and I looked at the amp and two stupid women had turned the fan on them to cool themselves down!!

I was playing on radio once and decided I was going to drop the next tune in from the start (wanted to play the whole thing) so I flicked the fader over and let it go... it was on 45 and it was supposed to be 33.

7. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

i've been really pissed once for a 3am set, on the night when the clocks went back, so effectively 4am, can't remember who was on the decks but it was time for my set. i told him he had one more and invaded the dj box, got my headphones around my neck. started shouting about how i couldnt hear shit through em, a dj from earlier pointed out that i'd not plugged them in yet. droped a tune, probably badly, i don't remember, and my pal who i was playin b2b with took over, told me i'd thank him in the morning for not letting me play. he was right.

played the saturday just gone, sick night, 3am set, managed not to get too drunk, i was on my way like but got on the decks, struggled with a few mixes only to realise that the monitor speaker was not working and hadn't been for 3 hours or so. nightmare. pulled it off though. i think. :rinsed:

8. Fes Rock

yea rob ive done that. Ive also picked the needle up off the wrong record, which ive seen the biggest of names do.

9. djmotiondnb

djmotiondnb AKA Tactician

Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    i feel your pain lol

ive also turned the wrong deck off =( that was a good one

10. Fes Rock

question is what was your recovery. everyone thru up there gunfingers for me so i just pretended it was the rewind and double dropped alien girl into that shit

11. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

winning at fail

12. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

I'm simply quoting this for it's winning value.

13. PostmanPat

PostmanPat I'll cum in your arse.

was in my room and i dropped Turbulence dreadfully at the wrong time and it sounded like a dying cow. my hamster was not impressed.

14. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

Turned up at this gig at Public Life just before christmas and the guy that was meant to be playing first hadn't fucking turned up, so the next dj just played first instead and we coped. Then the guy that missed his set turns up and demands a mix before george and i go on, so i let him have a couple to shut him up but he wouldn't get out of the fucking box :teeth:

herojuana likes this.
  15. Controller

Controller (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

Plenty of things go wrong when dj'ing it's about how you handle it though like Fes says. I'v had to play without monitors countless times, fucking hate it.

Pressing stop on the wrong deck is the worst feeling ever... followed by the half hearted rewind!

16. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Nothing.... yet!!

17. Dj_Kritikool

Dj_Kritikool Member

Was playing at a club near me a couple of years ago, went well untill towards the end I had a mix locked up and running just before the double drop, as both tunes dropped, the needle skipped lol. CLANG! CLANG!

Cudnt of happened at a worse time. Had 2 reload that shit quick time.

18. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

having about 7 mcs over one set and actually not being able to hear anything other than them chatting their incoherent bullshit in the monitors

traveling over 2 and half hours and only ended up playing a 15 min set

playing on radio, mixed out of a cd and then picked up the needle on the tune playing in the mix = fukken fail

19. ilovelondon

ilovelondon Call me Jens.

fixed :teeth:

20. dj_bmc

dj_bmc Member

Done one old skool ukg night, after i was promised 1210s i ended up with gemini paperweights masquerading as turntables, the needles of which would jump if anything too heavy made the floor vibrate, just my luck then that there was group of overweight partyers with tiny bladders, i had to time the mixes in between their toilet breaks. I guess it weren't that bad it was a nightmare at the time.