Legend Mampi Swift

Mampis set from Random concept 4 was probably the last decent set i've heard him do, anything since then has been awful, just lacking something...

Wouldnt call it decent, selection is a bit better than the last couple of years but its still not good imo. Clangs most mixes too

back when i first started mixin ma top djs were friction and mampi, both are still high up on my list but the C has now taken em ova! mampi will always be a legend in my eyes, hes made some absolute bangers and pretty much brought double dropping to a regular dj standard. so what if he clangs now n again, its al about the rave atmo he creates when him n ic go sik! big ups mampi :D

back when i first started mixin ma top djs were friction and mampi, both are still high up on my list but the C has now taken em ova! mampi will always be a legend in my eyes, hes made some absolute bangers and pretty much brought double dropping to a regular dj standard. so what if he clangs now n again, its al about the rave atmo he creates when him n ic go sik! big ups mampi :D

:word:

Spot on mate spot on...

I think the last Mampi set which made me think wow was the one from One Nation Valentine 2006 when he was b2b with Friction. Mampi really put Friction in his place with an exhibition on how to double drop and keep the ravers guessing whats coming next.

I think he's just lost his love for it. DJs press plates every week because the music is like crack to them - Mampi has stuck to the same 50 or so tunes for the past 2 years with a couple of Blame bits thrown in every now and again. Mixing is clangtastic as well.

I think I believe the theory that his hearing is damaged but if he played some decent dubs and did a little bit of homework then the technical thing wouldn't be a massive thing.

Back
Top Bottom