Legal Events..

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by fatsmithy, Jan 16, 2006.

1. fatsmithy

fatsmithy New Member

HI -

I'm new to the forum, but I was inspired to join as I have visited some of the slammin vinyl events for the last couple of years, especially NYE... I love the music and the atmosphere as it all takes me back to ravin' when I was a lad in Manchester. Now I live in the South and have "responsibilities" but I still get some precious weekends! So, anyway my post is to ask about alternatives to these kind of events (legal or otherwise), as I can't take another 2 hours queueing in the freezing rain only to be treated like some psychotic schoolkid desperate to get a criminal record by fat blokes in uniforms just so I can dance and chat and relive some of the other things I used to do back in the day! I mean jeesus - haven't they got town centres to stop fights in or do the binge drinkers declare a truce on the nights I go out!?

Anyway any advice as to good friendly events and sites that promote 'em would be much appreciated. I loved the last NYE at the NEC once I got in, but it would have been easier to break into number 10 downing street!

cheers!

2. edwardsruss

edwardsruss Member

3. sidekickmc

sidekickmc MEDICINE?

www.dontstayin.com has a load of listings...good calender section, very popular/busy site.

breakneck/contact on south parade pier...security reasonably friendly in comparison to standard town centre moronic bouncers.bangin soundsystem, good lasers, plenty of room to wobble around.

loads of smaller-scale dnb/breakz night at the lounge/theme (formerly eq/subway), granada rd., southsea, portsmouth.... often free entry, max £5....always good atmosphere, bouncers v.friendly (well they were last weekend anyway), drink prices not too bad.had some of my favourite nights at this club over the years.

4. fatsmithy

fatsmithy New Member

Thanks for the links - busy checking out my next deatination!