LegacyofAcron2 - My youtube hero!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by 1992, Aug 31, 2008.

1. 1992

1992 Novantadue

I just found this guy. Finally someone who has the same opinion of DnB music as I do..

If you like clownstep you might suffer from mental retardation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE4A_faVa2Y

Acron2 calls out Dillinja and his clownstep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEwuBtj6O6E

Boy you betta play that clownstep or we gonna be lynched
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLa0VdapC7Q

The problem with Drum and Bass is the Producers (Genious!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktEVY7dvbD4

If you make a shitty track he will talk about your ass
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCPzJwCc3Co

Hes not a fan of DOA either
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJtjOl9HeR8

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  2. DeployFX

DeployFX Member

Before The Voice was banned outta here, he posted the video where Arcon was calling out Dillinja and basically dissed him out for it. The Voice said something along the lines that Arcon didn't know shit and a lot of the kids came here agreeing with him. My first impression of Arcon was just another jaded DnB listener but then I checked out more of his videos and began to agree with him on a lot of the stuff.

He's actually quite learned and has followed DnB with careful eye. A lot of the videos he posts are tracks that are either hardly known or listened to, so he's got range and listens to all the branches.

Me being in to more the atmospheric side of Drum and Bass rather than some of the more fucked up coked out styles like Clownstep, I understand where he's coming from. Best example from my point of view is Blame and his downward spiral from one of the most prolific DnB producers to a just a dude and his gear making immature noise.

Arcon's points are dead on, but he's just a listener. He's said it himself he doesn't produce, he doesn't DJ, nor does he intend to... I understand where that pessimistic, jaded side comes from too; when you've heard the old timers and admired them for something and then they turn shit, as a listener, you almost feel betrayed. But that's the rub. Producers got their agendas, but nothing is to stop a listener to go out and continue digging (albeit through a LOT of shit) and find other producers who ARE doing it right and will probably not get the props they deserve...When I think about it like that, I'm reminded of the sample from EZ Roller's Retro:

"...Some of these guys will never make a dime. Some of these guys will be poor, and die alone. But in the process they've been the true renegades. And the true rebels always walk alone anway..."

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  3. savoirfaire

savoirfaire 16

Comparing Clownstep to the Barney song lmao

I do agree with him to a certain extent about the state of dnb, i like some clownstep but i prefer the older stuff in general and alot of dnb with more intricacies, i dont listen to alot of jump up anymore, Breakage and Ray Keith, and BCUK is what i rinse alot atm

4. BDS

BDS Active Member

Im growing out of jump up like alot of peeps tend to, But then again alot of the stuff u lot rant about like break, zero t etc is just rehashed the same as anything else, theyre not doing anything new its just the fashionable thing atm just like noisia was , I wish someone would start somethin new and interesting that aint been done b4,

gauranteed peeps would slag it down and say its a load of shit , or wtf is that , but anything worth listening to has to be rammed down peoples throats before it gets any recognition,

ffs its toooooo stagnant maaang!

5. savoirfaire

savoirfaire 16

What i think is needed in alot of DnB is more innovation in the drums, different kinds of drum samples, combination hard/soft etc, we need more amens too :p

6. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

7. Nutek

Nutek movement junglist

it's just a bit sad to video yourself talking about drum and bass like its politics.. i think he should probably get out more.

8. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

Hes the simon cowell of drum & bass :weakest:

9. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

for him to be simon cowell, he'd have had to have acheived something apart from getting pissy on youtube. which he hasn't.

10. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

real talk man, go listen to some old optical

same for you...him and dom were the ONES to take dnb 10 yrs ahead of its time back then. Going back to even 97 these dudes were doing something progressive and inspirational. Guess it had allot to do with drugs. well i say get back on them drugs boys...put your heart into it

11. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

need complex beats in jump up imo...keep the ravers guessing

12. 1992

1992 Novantadue

legacyofacron2 knows what time it is! I wish more DnB listeners knew the score as he does.

I think if he does more funny videos like this he might change some minds.

I know that when I bitched non stop on other DnB forums and email lists that things changed for a short time. Not to be too big headed but I really do think my bitching posts about how 1992 is so great may have triggered the release of such records like Phantom Audio "K2" and Dylan "Ghetto Dub". So to say that bitching does nothing and doing does everything is a misnomer for the DnB music scene. Bitching works if the right people hear it.

13. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

The guys got it spot on!

14. savoirfaire

savoirfaire 16

ooh ya listening to K2 know, let me know some other dnb tunes that have heavy oldskool flavours like dis pweez:) blame-flashback comes to mind.

15. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

the guy really should get a life though....

16. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

I see what poin this guy is trying to make, and I agree to a large extent but I think he's kinda missing something huge as well...

He doesn't have the right to listen to the kind of drum and bass that he wants to listen to, none of us do - producers make tracks - if we like em we buy em, if we don't we won't...

His vids kinda remind me of someones dad talking about how "nobody makes proper rock music anymore, it's gone all commercial, it's not like 1968, blah blah blah boring old man complaining because things aren't like the old days"

Peter Benenson, founder of Amnesty International once said "Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness" meaning that if you don't like something then do summat about i, don't just sit there complaining about it, asking Dillinja why he dosn't make tunes you like anymore...

Start producing yourself, or maybe set up your own label and seek out artists you do like, find artists you like and help out with their promotion - I'm sure they'd appreciate it, maybe start your own "clownstep free" DnB night.... There are a million things you can do to help make change happen, and I'd be interested to find out how many of these things he's done...

P.S. I don't agree with him about Dillinja, I think he's made some great tracks in the last few years... 96 thing/Electoboogie, Feel My Pain, some good tracks on both the Dillinja E.P. and Diggin in Ya Crates, All the Things.... WTF is wrong with them? The guy needs to fix up calling them clownstep, which isn't even accurate anyways, "Clownstep" is just a bullshit term for Swingbeat DnB that was coined a few years back as a joke, let it go, we have enough sub genres already!

17. DeployFX

DeployFX Member

I don't understand why people would consider the option of telling listeners to start producing as a means to fix a scene....A lot of people preach the idea of "do something for the scene or shut up" - uuumm....no.

Do you see politicians become scientists because they can't solve energy issues? No. Do you see football fans go train football cause their teams suck? No. It's an opinion, an argument, a valid or invalid point, and that's it.

He's just a listener. Nothing more, but nothing less either. DJ's and Producers have a lot more control than he does in making tunes to what they desire, or a DJ playing what he wants to play. But telling a listener to go out and start making beats is kinda silly.

What he should be doing is going out there and finding more music and dig through the countless shit out there. A digger always finds what he's looking for in the end. I thought "atmos" DnB was kinda dead and left it several years ago after people like Blame went to shit quality so I can kind of relate.

I think he feels a bit betrayed because the people he probably used to like aren't doing that cutting edge stuff anymore. I think feeling like that is silly because producers need to make a living too, and hey, if they decide to go down that road, you don't need to support them or follow them. Fuck them, remember the good times, and move on to people who are doing new and great things. That's what you do as a listener.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  18. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Yeah I see what you mean but I think you're missing the point a bit... But you're right about going out and searching for other stuff, that's a good point...

All I'm saying is people sitting there whinging about things rather than getting up off their asses and doing something about it does nothing positive...

Also read my post again, there's a million other things he could do other than producing, your suggestion of going and finding other tunes to listen to could be added to this list too, for example - I suggested a few of them as examples but you seem to have locked on to producing as it's the easiest one to pick apart...

Whatever man, if you think what this guy is doing is cool then go ahead and subscribe to his YouTube channel or something... as for me I'm too busy getting up off my ass and doing shit... each to their own.

19. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

fucking wasteman on internet video site whinging about something nobdody wants to hear except for of course 1992 who else. i dont even have to watch it to know what it is

20. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

I've never heard Dillinja be called clownstep, except by this guy.