Left of field dnb with baritone saxophone TITLE: A Sax Rip Six

Someone's been listening to a lot of squarepusher. :D
You definitely know what you're doing, but the style is way out there.

If you want lots of people to listen to your music and to become famous and all that crap, reign in your inner crazy experimentalist.

If you just make music to express yourself and impress other jazz composers, good work, just don't expect anyone normal to appreciate it.

Someone's been listening to a lot of squarepusher. :D
You definitely know what you're doing, but the style is way out there.

If you want lots of people to listen to your music and to become famous and all that crap, reign in your inner crazy experimentalist.

If you just make music to express yourself and impress other jazz composers, good work, just don't expect anyone normal to appreciate it.

Thanks :) Glad you appreciated it. You're right, I do weird stuff.

It's not that I don't want to be famous and rich. It's just that I really actually enjoy "crazy and experimental". I can't even get through a tune if I reign in anything. To be honest, I get bored.

So it is what it is, and I guess I have to say goodbye to hookers and coke. :boobies: I console myself with the knowledge that I could make my music, say, X times less weird, and I'd probably still not get an X times increase in hookers and coke.

edit: yeah squarepusher is ok ;)

Any attempt to think outside the box (and still making sense) is extremely welcome to me... and essential for the progress of music anyway.
So this tune has the potential to turn out to be the most interesting track in the forum for quite a while.
Maybe it could attract a larger audience with just a bit more pleasantly sounding bassline.. of course only if that undertaking doesn't undermine your musical intention seriously.

Any attempt to think outside the box (and still making sense) is extremely welcome to me... and essential for the progress of music anyway.
So this tune has the potential to turn out to be the most interesting track in the forum for quite a while.
Maybe it could attract a larger audience with just a bit more pleasantly sounding bassline.. of course only if that undertaking doesn't undermine your musical intention seriously.

Woah mate that's very nice feedback. Much appreciated!! I see what you're saying about the bassline. Trouble is, I find it hard to re-visit completed tunes (dunno why). Sometimes I can go and mess with them after leaving them a couple of months, so I probably will, now that you've said that :) . Anyway, I'm hoping to do a whole album where each tune focuses on a different acoustic instrument... this was a kind of warm-up. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for your nice words.
-
Tom.

Back
Top Bottom