Left in the Dark

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Zaphear, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Zaphear

Zaphear LFTD Whore

http://soundcloud.com/zaphear/leftinthedark

Heavy bass tune, been writing everything in Pro Tools with xpand2 and using Trilian for bass...think I'm going to switch back to Reason though for drumming I'm not liking the kick drums I'm getting with protools at all

Suggestions welcome and appreciated :)

2. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Sounds like a really "mechanical" track. Not really my style but the production of the sounds sounded tight. Wasnt too sure about the hats on the intro but they kinda fitted with that bass once it dropped. I wouldnt even begin to comprehend what sort of waves you used to create that bass.........very odd. But again, fitted with the "mechanical" feel to the track

3. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

bass is dirty... kinda reminds me of eastern jam or something

the beat was weak. each component is too raw liek it hasnt been crafted together properly to work with itself you know??

seemed very sporadic and all over the place.

4. Zaphear

Zaphear LFTD Whore

agree with the beat... not gonna be using xpand2 for my drumming anymore, re opened up Reason a minute ago and found just writing the kicks/snare work in there it's sounding better....putting this one on the back burner for awhile and working on something with a bit more precise drum work.

And the bass is a Massive patch, I rather like it... Need to get a better gate plugin though to glitch out the bass line better...tempted to run it through traktor pro lol...

thanks for the feedback guys, I can write production till my ears bleed but I always seem to need an outside perspective :rinsed:

(edited cuz i thought it was a trilian patch that i resampled, it was actually a Massive patch)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  5. spyda-cutz

spyda-cutz New Member

i like the bass but like wot everyone else been sayin the beats are weak, a bit airy, kick especially lackin in weight, i like the vibe on the bass though and the metallic sound u got goin stick with that and faten up the beats m8, nice