Left handed (or right handed if your a lefty) pitch riding???

Shotty

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
Has anyone trainned their weaker hand up so they can pitch ride as easy as they can with their other hand?

I use both but tend to get the beats locked slightly faster with my right hand.
I use my left hand when i use the Xfader, IF I USE THE XFADER

If I need to get the pitch on the left hand deck I cue with my left hand and pitch ride with my left hand. If I need to get the pitch on the right hand deck I cue with my right hand and pitch ride with my right hand.

stand in the middle of the mixer and go with the flow either/or. just as good as each other really.
i kinda prefer my left slightly, even tho i'm right handed.

on a similar note , im right handed but scratch much better with me left hand! not that i scratch much anymore!

It's wierd, I think I chop n change depending on how the mix is going/what levels i'm messing with etc, if it gets sketchy, I think I always revert to my right...

Good topic though, never thought about it before.

Edit: I'm the same as Teddy with my scratching, not that I scratch anymore...

Both. Left for left deck and right for right deck. I am more accurate with my right hand though.

Well I've always used my right for both an never really thought about it, but the other day I watched one of Coshh' videos in the 'post videos of yourself mixing' thread an realsed he used both hands quite easily so I decided I'm gonna use only my left hand for a week or so see how long it takes till I can pitchride aswell as I can with my right. I figure it will save me a bit of time and I will still be able to use the mixer when I've pitchriding on the left turntable.

Im left handed but use my right hand to pitch on cdjs, vinyl I used to use both hands equally.

EDIT: Wut!!!.... i was fecked whilst writing this post lol

Im right handed but use my left hand to pitch bend

Last edited:
Left for left deck - Right for right deck.

Even do the same with my CDJs. But as Moskit said, if in trouble, resort back to the trusty right hander!

Back
Top Bottom